Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

2 distributors, same part number but still different?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RVA  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject: 2 distributors, same part number but still different????? Reply with quote

I have 2 distributors for my porsche 924. Both same part number :
Z44
0237 002 054
477 905 206

They look excactly the same until you look closer at the position of the rotor (and the shaft where rotor clicks on to). The position of the rotor is different.

Look at the position of the rotor and stator. Rotor is pointing at the electrical connector and the space between left stator is smaller while space between the right stator is larger ( yellow arrows)

On this picture with the other distributor its kind of the other way around. The rotor is not pointing straight at the electrical connection, and the space on the right is smaller while the space on the left is larger (yellow arrows)

The yellow and blue arrow indicate the two parts that have moved. (So part with yellow line moved while the part with blue line stayed Those are the only parts that could have moved, all the other parts in the distributor are locked in with screws and locking pins, i took it apart to confirm that.

But now the question is which one of these is correct? the top picture or the bottom picture? If i know that i can try to fix the incorrect one by holding the middle shaft still and rotating the metal part with yellow line.

I hope anyone knows this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: