Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

931 engine N/A k-jet tuning????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthonimartini  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typo. It is .0015. As specified for the hypers. I initially was going to turbo this engine so I would have went closer to .001” if I knew I was going to go na. All is well though . I just drive the car up to Seattle and back to Portland with no trouble. Haven’t seen any smoke or any worrying blowby/oil consumption so I’m gonna say this engine is a success. Having the tall 944 5th in this car is really nice as I can cruise happily around 90 and there isn’t the buzziness that the early cars typically have. Of course I could’ve just drove my 87s and saved myself the trouble. No fun in the easy route though.
83 944
87 924S
Instagram @anthoni.jpeg
formerly known as turbellion, lost password.
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better! Look for something other than piston slap at that clearance.
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
anthonimartini  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t really know what else it could be as it sounds like piston slap and is only present when really cold. I guess it could be a odd lifter noise. I do have one screw adjuster that is slightly loose is the threads so maybe it’s just that guy. I’m probably going to get a more aggressive cam and go with the Alfa shim lifters soon, that’d be cool if it solved that. I may try installing one of those mini superchargers as well. I wouldn’t mind the instant torque! I would switch to a tuned 931 wur at that time. Wonder what hp that combo would produce on This engine? Btw I measured 27 Mpgs this last fill up, driving pretty hard and a 3 mph slow speedo. Pretty happy with this so far.
83 944
87 924S
Instagram @anthoni.jpeg
formerly known as turbellion, lost password.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: