Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Pueblo Race Weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Pueblo Race Weekend Reply with quote

Race weekend at Pueblo CO got cut short. A typical weekend for June, over 90 degrees, humidity at maybe 5% and a bit of wind to go along with the smoke from fires out west. Pueblo is a semi desert city park for ATV's, dirt bikes and even a dirt circle track, few trees, gopher holes around along with a few attending rattlesnakes. A fun 2.2 mile track built from a drag strip that has a nice flow to it. Saturday was going quite well and my lap times were coming down nicely and being very comfortable with it. Then on the last race of the day(practice and qualifying in morning then two 15 minute races in afternoon) I got the meat ball flag on the first lap so went into tech and told I had an oil leak on grid that I needed to check. On inspection I couldn't find it for the mess but it was bad and I thought it was the front oil pump seal so onto the trailer. Found it after a motor bathon Sunday, a hose from the filter bypass plate to the filter was too close to the alternator pulley and cut into it. The motor was saved by the Accusump oil accumulator as with the 3 qt, Accusump open the pan wasn't quite full. It won't be a difficult or expensive repair, one oil line reroute. It is really tight down there with the header, oil filter lines and alternator all trying for the same space. One of those "if it can go wrong it will".

Next race end of July, I hope to have my 5 speed trans in also, 4.11 vs 3.88 axle ratio.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice that it didnt end up worse, now at least you got the chance to sort it out, looking forward to hear from next race!

The 5spd is a fairly easy swap, you probably wont miss those looooong gears, at least on the tracks we have the tighter gear set on the 5spd is so much better.
peterld  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky save. Sometimes you could just kiss the course officials, and then at other times.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: