Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1980 924 Turbo for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auto Anatomy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: 1980 924 Turbo for sale Reply with quote

So guys...as much as it pains me I'm having to sell the 924 turbo that I've been working on for the last year. It's far from perfect but will make someone a heck of a car that they can drive and enjoy now. I would love to get 9K for the car, but am open to offers.

New parts:
Front shocks
Front suspension bushings

New paint
New carpet
944 rear wing
Newly sealed rear hatch
New Front & rear seat upholstery
New upper dash cover
New blower motor
New fuel tank sending unit

New timing belt
New timing belt idler

Runs and drives great, here are the things that need to be addressed at some point in the future.

The trans shifts slow when cold. If you try and rush the gear change, it will grind. When warm it upshifts/downshifts fine, but a quick blip of the throttle makes it all go smoothly.

The shifter bushings just started to show wear this week. You can shift into all the gears but there is more slop in the shifter mechanism. Not a big deal, just being open.

When idling for more than 5 minutes, there is a very light oil smoke that is noticed. It goes away as soon as you start driving.

The speedometer works but reads fast. The front windshield has a crack but not in the driver line of sight.

The entire restoration/refurbishing has been documented on my YouTube channel, and you can see the playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHii7kvsQME&list=PLukxB8bYuv7oLTVln6h0HqZLrWXi1n50X

I will be listing it on Bringatrailer if someone here doesn't want it first. But since y'all have been so kind and helpful, I wanted to give first right of refusal.

Please email me at autoanatomy@icloud.com and I can send more information as requested.

Sean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: