Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Stage 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not going to do it to go all balls out, I’m going to do it for safety and control, predictability/repeatability, and logging purposes..

Right now, to me, it has too much fuel in cruise, and not enough in boost..

From what I have discovered so far, I’m pretty sure this 941 has been sitting for quite some time since it has been ran regularly at all..

I don’t want to slam the car but uh, it did something I’ve never seen before..
I pulled the injectors, cracked the lines off of all of them as usual, little spray as usual..
When I went to unscrew the injectors from the bungs, as soon as I unsettled them they started bubbling at me
They were holding pressure inside the injector for many moments after I took their lines off untill I started moving them?
Brown colored pressure?
Eek..

I really hope it’s done passing brown fuel because I just stuck a brand spanking new set of injectors in it, which gave it an almost 1 AFR richer idle right away..

Also replaced the spark plugs.. They looked good..

Want to test control pressure, but ofcourse I sold the tester..

Still not getting the AFR change I would expect from a boost sensing WUR..

Gradually got leaner through my 6 hour drive, even after adjusting it richer once..
I ended up turning the meth threshold down and flow up to try to keep it under 12.0 AFR in the light boost it takes to highway drive without completely babying it..
Burnt over 3 tanks of meth..

Feels really good though

It never ran bad, just looked a little scary #s at times..
Cedric  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the small filter in the wur be clogged by the brown stuff? Hence fuel pressure drifting over time?
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well anyway, the car already has a wideband and an electronic boost gauge with a 3bar map sensor, so my plan is to hook the microsquirt up to those and the green ignition wire, which will then allow me to log MAP ARF and RPM to be able to really get a good look at what is happening..

That should be quick and easy to do..

Going to do some research on the snow performance meth box and see if that is also something I can log, and need to do research as far as how meth injection should effect AFR and what should be aimed for with that..

All just in effort to make sure it’s safe as is..
For now..

From there controlling the FV should just be 2 more wires, but a lot of time tuning, which I don’t really have..

A TPS would be nice too, not absolutely necissisary, but nice to see..
So I’m going to look into how to get a TPS onto an S2 TB..

Edit: Oh yeah.. I also ordered a coolant temp sensor so I can control the rad fans, because they don’t work right, only one is working, and if I have to work on them I’d rather do it only one time in my tried and true way and never have cooling problems ever..
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Could the small filter in the wur be clogged by the brown stuff? Hence fuel pressure drifting over time?

Yeah this was it.. The screen was glazed pretty good and their were som particles in there..

I pulled the WUR today and completely strip cleaned it..
It was pretty clean on the inside but the screen was pretty bad..

Readjusted my idle to about 14.5, still cruises at about 14.0 but now it drops good to about 10.9-11.1 at stock boost with no meth running..

I’m pretty happy with the AFRs now.. Cruise could be leaner..

Boosting to 12.Xpsi, meth starting at about 5psi, actually very nice in the high 10s afr.. (no intercooler, want it rich)

Super low RPM boost still doesn’t drop as much as I’d want, so I’ll avoid lug boosting on it..
Anything in proper RPMs drops nice..

Also rewired the rad fans today and put BOTH of the fans on the drivers side fan circuit that actually works how it is supposed to..
Now both run when the rad thermo witch closes, fast with key on, slow with key off..
Works.. Makes me a lot more comfy feelin..

AFRs check, fans check..

Brake drag? Not so much check yet..
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. At least it wasn't crazy hot outside for "testing" purposes
1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: