Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My problem with fender flares on 924s
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably an 8" wheel at the back.
I did run 9" wheels on my GTS bodied 924, i still have the wheels...i may try them on my narrow body 924 and report back.
safe  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor-sche wrote:
safe wrote:

But you can fit 10" rims on the rear in the stock fenders

Really? Didn't think you could go that wide. Anyone on this board running wide tires under stock fenders?

I'll see if I can take a picture, a friend of mine has it on his 931, 235 tires I believe.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this thread was about the bling factor to run with flares, not the actual need for space?

My new track tyres are 245 Kuhmo R compounds on 8inch wheels, its not tight as it is, but to maximize space you need to roll in the lip.

Sorry for the orientation, it was messed up in the upload.

TJC  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
I thought this thread was about the bling factor to run with flares, not the actual need for space?

My new track tyres are 245 Kuhmo R compounds on 8inch wheels, its not tight as it is, but to maximize space you need to roll in the lip.

I would greatly appreciate more information on your setup please!
Wheel sizes and offsets, any spacers, tire sizes including aspect ratios for both front and rear.
I am considering a future project and I actually want to try to avoid using flares which is why I am following this thread. Fender rolling and even creating a slight "bulge" doesn't bother me on this particular car !
Thanks!
'04 BMW X3..."Xander"
Still on the Prowl!

www.ttrs1.com
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJC wrote:
Cédric wrote:

Wheel sizes and offsets, any spacers, tire sizes including aspect ratios for both front and rear.
I am considering a future project and I actually want to try to avoid using flares which is why I am following this thread. Fender rolling and even creating a slight "bulge" doesn't bother me on this particular car !
Thanks!

ET52 16x8" Design 90 wheels, 245/45 R16 (Kuhmo V70 Medium) all around. Planned on running 225s but the 245s were at a good price, they fit surprisingly well on the wheels, but the total circumference is a bit large. I think i still have the standard 931 spacer in the rear, coil overs in the front of course. Other than that its completely std, no rolled fenders etc yet.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:

Loads of room
Juho  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe ill just get cgt rear fenders, 944 front fenders and 951 front bumper
TJC  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
TJC wrote:
Cédric wrote:

Thanks!

ET52 16x8" Design 90 wheels, 245/45 R16 (Kuhmo V70 Medium) all around. Planned on running 225s but the 245s were at a good price, they fit surprisingly well on the wheels, but the total circumference is a bit large. I think i still have the standard 931 spacer in the rear, coil overs in the front of course. Other than that its completely std, no rolled fenders etc yet.

Thank you, Sir!
'04 BMW X3..."Xander"
Still on the Prowl!

www.ttrs1.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: