Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

rubber bumpers thingsies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: l_porsche@hotmail.com
Date: 10 Jul 2001
Time: 13:30:38

take those ugly rubber bumperettes off.

plug the holes paint over.

ugly.

take the round side markers off, fill in hole and paint over, ugly useless sick things.

Car looks 100 percent better now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: cj48@qwest.net
Time: 13:39:58

Hey I second that! I was just planning on removing the side marker lights; are they totaly useless? They're not required by DOT laws are they? Anyone in the US know? Over on Pelican mideastmafia got some hassle from his insurance company for taking the bumperettes off. I still want to take off the front ones at least.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: polaris7@softhome.net
Time: 14:27:59

They are supposedly required for DOT, but what I did is I took them off and replaced them with a single small "Euro" side marker between the front of the door and the back of the front wheel well (like on all of the current Volvos and VWs).

Alex Roy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: geoautox@hotmail.com
Time: 15:14:26

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: geoautox@hotmail.com
Time: 15:21:19

Sorry, don't know what happend on my last post. I'll try it again. One must agree about those ugly sidemarker lights. I have thought about removing them myself. Any ideas on how to plug the holes? I have thought about an aluminum or anyother type of metal disk the same size as the lens to make it flush. Using 'glass to finish the job. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: bcookt06394@yahoo.com
Time: 17:54:34

There's a guy named Nick in California who put metal disks in the holes by spotwelding them from the back, then using filler to smooth out the outside. He did the front and back side lights and it looked really good. Actually changes the whole look of the car. As for the legalities, most laws state that the lights need to be visible from the side. I think, since the front and rear lights wrap around the car, it should be possible to remove the side lights completely. Here's a link to the Texas law for side marker lights.

http://txdps.state.tx.us/vi/rules_list.asp?itemdrop=Side+Marker+Lamps&rejectsubmit=Go

Either way, I think it looks really good!

bc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: ponzv@aol.com
Time: 18:13:30

I did what Brian said in his posting. I had a friend weld circular plates to the missing side lights and then used filler to make a smooth flush fender front and rear.
Take a look at the registry here under the 1979 year and scroll down to Ponz Vincent and you will see the finished product. Euro car did not have side markers and when my car was brought to the US them put them on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: porsche
Time: 21:23:13

I like the little lights but the rear rubber thangs went with the wind kept the front 1s though. check er out
http://porsche.924.homestead.com/files/driversiderear.jpg

Oh and for those who know that free stock bluepunk radio I got from that guy in California
the thing works a beauty hooked to a couple of pioneers No its Naa,ice kind of loud great reception though. It has push buttons and stuffits cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: polaris7@softhome.net
Date: 11 Jul 2001
Time: 01:00:37

I used a hole filling kit which came with adhesive-backed aluminum mesh and a can of body putty, then it is all sanding and elbowgrease from there. Here are some pictures:

http://home.att.net/~alexroy/924onstands.jpg

http://home.att.net/~alexroy/924sidemarker.jpg

http://home.att.net/~alexroy/924backmarker.jpg

Alex R
Eugene Or
'79 N/A, Webers, MSDs, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: porsche
Time: 02:50:43

porsche924.homestead.com/files/driversiderear.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: mined924
Time: 02:58:14

http://porsche924.homestead.com/files/driversiderear.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: Ass@Ass.Ass
Date: 15 Jul 2001
Time: 22:02:29

When are you going to start unwrapping that birthday present?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: