Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Looking for measurement of back seat bracket 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:19 am    Post subject: Looking for measurement of back seat bracket 924 Reply with quote

They removed this brackets for an roll cage in the past, I want to make/ imitate them. Can anybody measure it for me?

Thanks

https://ibb.co/CP2yRRC

Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone one, who coupd help?

Thanks
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'l try to do it later today if i have access.
What do you need? the dimensions of the bracket or the distance between the brackets/orientation in the car...etc?
Beartooth  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I can help, assuming you haven't found any measurements yet. I measured mine and took some pictures; I haven't got around to uploading those yet though. The protruding square measures 45x55mm; the upper side extends from the sidewall about 20mm and the lower side 35mm. I don't have a measurement for the ears that weld to the body panel, but would guess around 20mm for those. I'll try and upload some pictures when I get a chance. Of course, the easy way would be if you could get a pair off a parts car...
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 3D scanned it and rebuilt the model of the bracket itself & sent it to Joost.
I'll put this model along others in a downloads section on my website...just need some time to implement that download page/section.
I think i got the same dimensions in my model...but good to check with another measurement/car.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Juho  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
I 3D scanned it and rebuilt the model of the bracket itself & sent it to Joost.
I'll put this model along others in a downloads section on my website...just need some time to implement that download page/section.
I think i got the same dimensions in my model...but good to check with another measurement/car.

What scanner are you using morghen? Recently i tried bit outdated but still over 10 grand scanner for scanning car parts and the quality was awful. Tried different settings and tracking marks but didnt get a good result.
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a Creality Ferret, hand held for this scan, but i also have access to some high end 100K scanners that can do huge components and offer very good accuracy.
Its a bit of an effort to understand their capabilities and limitations.
In some conditions and some specific components i also had issues with scanning.
Also its important to manage your expectations.

I use this scanner to get reference data in order to rebuild the models in CAD.
I dont expect ready to print quality levels.
When doing scans, there are also some process induced quality factors which one has to take into consideration based on the function of the part / purpose scan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: