Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 Ignition Coil No Power After Cranking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamiEngland  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:48 am    Post subject: 924 Ignition Coil No Power After Cranking Reply with quote

Hi, having an issue getting the car to run. Ran fine before removing the dash (got a couple of wiring gremlins to figure out).
Now the car will start while cranking, but not when the key is in the running position. This says to me that the coil isn't getting power while in the running position, I validated this as the car runs with a direct 12v feed from the battery.
The question I have is why, there doesn't seem to be 12v from the back of the relay box all of the time but I believe there's some kl15 issues with the car as I can intermittently get 12v on A12 at the fuse box (there's some strange repairs in the fuse box)
Along with this did all cars come with ballast resistors? The only resistor I have found in the car is the large one by the fuse box, but I assume this is for the blower fan. I am unable to measure any resistance between the transistor module and the coil, but I believe there should be a 1 Ohm resistor there. Cheers
!tom  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several significantly different wiring diagrams for the car over the years.

People will need to know the year in order to provide more definitive assistance.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignition switch commonly fails on these, causes this issue...
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
JamiEngland  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="!tom"]There are several significantly different wiring diagrams for the car over the years.

People will need to know the year in order to provide more definitive assistance.[/quote]
Sorry should've mentioned, it's an '85 2.0 non turbo auto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: