Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Nitros injection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chardorcher  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:05 pm    Post subject: Nitros injection Reply with quote

Hi Guys, has anyone here added a nitros kit to any webbered engine having standard pistons/ crank etc? Would this grenade the engine?
morghen  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you do that?
If you want more go from your 924, have a look here: https://the924.com/
chardorcher  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Why would you do that?
If you want more go from your 924, have a look here: https://the924.com/

Why would I do that... well the car is being set up with the old school type webber kit,,, I am old school myself 62 years old in fact. I have cars with turbo's superchargers etc all European. If I want a booster on the engine I would fetch a turbo car though they are rare as hens teeth where I live, I could opt for an SC set up or turbo charge an NA car also, but that has to wait for another project, as this one is nearly finalized.

Next would be a modified head which I have as a spare and willbe added when time permits , cam valves etc. and use some sold school tricks we used to use in the 80's like keeping the engine bay cool and feeding cool air to the carbs etc. I call it tinkering passing the time.

With the above set up I think nitro would or might fit in if I dont grenade the engine since the bottom end is to be left as is.

I also like the D prod style which I saw on a yellow car which seems to be famous in the USA, so Im trying to 'look' that way. In other words I want to keep the NA as a NA yet with webbers old school.

Hope the above answers your question my friend morghen. Its just a wish anyway.
safe  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine would take a 100 shot, but the issue is the "oldschool" part, you don't have any control over fuel and timing and that can be dangerous long before 100.
Porsche 931 -79
Porsche 911 -77, 3.2 Targa
Porsche 911 -69, 3.6, Coupe
chardorcher  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

safe wrote:
The engine would take a 100 shot, but the issue is the "oldschool" part, you don't have any control over fuel and timing and that can be dangerous long before 100.

So its best to keep to old school tuning then for now...maybe in the future will exchange for EFI/throttle bodies,,, which I think are more controllable, and from what I read the Webers can be used as throttles also if sealed up well. Thanks my friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: