Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hi there, I'm new and have a car addiction...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iambhooper  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

924RACR wrote:
Could try just giving the clutch hydraulics a bleed, as described, with the Mightvac... would only cost time...

There is only one shift rod, running from the shift lever directly back to the trans on top of the torque tube. There is a bolted connection at the back; perhaps that's slipped loose? It's a specific bolt with a tapered end to seat in a divot on the trans selector shaft; can be cross-drilled for safety wire, not a bad idea (unless they maybe come stock that way?).

Fuel tank can be removed and slushed... I don't know that new are even available...

Can I get yo that bolt with the transaxle on the car?

Interweb searches keep referencing a plastic fuel tank... which would be nice.

87 924s (1st Porsche) project
1986 Fiero Gt
1990 DA Integra STL
And some other things
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iambhooper wrote:

Can I get yo that bolt with the transaxle on the car?

Yes.
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Annieclover24  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(if you look close, I accidentally ordered the sedan one, I've already contacted them to change that) After a little more research, I found out that the MAP Street Exhaust has some bad welds and a few of my buddies have had it say that the welding is an issue. Scraping and large bumps are common near where I live, so the price of the Greddy, mixed with the reliable build quality, and the sound, it seemed like my favorite choice. Also, Greddy is experiencing backorders, so the exhaust won't be here for 8-12 months, figured I'd order it as early as possible.

-Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs: I wanted to get there early so that by the time I get wheels, they'll be settled in. Also, the pics I've looked at for the Sportline we're mostly before they settled, so it didn't look as low as they actually are. After all my research, the pro kit seemed like the best choice for a daily

- Caruse Aero flap: this one was a toss-up. I almost went with other performance mods, but where the 11th gen is out, and Caruse usually makes these in batches, I wanted to make sure I secured one ASAP. Didn't want to risk them not being available for a long time. Idk when I'll put it on, but I wanted to make sure I had it.

Any suggestions or comments, just let me know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: