Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharged 924 NA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first kits reached their owners and the pictures of the unboxing make me feel proud. Thank you guys!
Since a few people asked for more kits i'm starting a new list now.
We'll do the same as first time, drop me an email at m0rghen@yahoo.com with the title SUPERCHARGER, send me your shipping address and a formal request for the kit.

I'll wait a bit until i get running cars feedback from the first adopters to see if there is something i can improve immediately but my plan is to start building the new kits in January.

Eliza, i have sent you two PMs but it shows that you didnt read them, either that or your inbox is full.

Riggard  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question, but price wise, it's also the same as the first run? Want to make sure what I get into before I send the mail
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the late reply, i confirmed with the suppliers that they are able to keep the same prices and the answer is yes, the price stays the same 1050 EUR + shipping.
Riggard  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've got mail
Riggard  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a stupid question, but is there anything to be said about the km/litre fuel consumption after installing the kit?
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i can say is that it is now very easy to make it consume more fuel.
If you drive like normal, there wont be much of a difference..but if you hoon it..well you know
Jokes aside, i took it to a summer holiday last year and with autobahn, city traffic, hills and mountains it averaged a bit over 10L/100km but i hooned it all the way. 140-180kph on the autobahn, quick up the hills and fast up the mountains. Overall it drinks similarily like a 924 turbo..maybe a little less.
Also if you drive around a lot with the hooligan mod on it will spike up the fuel consumption as it always draws more air even from lower rpm.
Compared to my every day Touareg and my Cayman..the 924SC is an economic choice

So, if you have a period when you dont want to go to the fuel station too often, take off the hooligan mod and keep it under 1/4 of pedal and its the same as the original NA.
Riggard  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
What i can say is that it is now very easy to make it consume more fuel.
If you drive like normal, there wont be much of a difference..but if you hoon it..well you know
Jokes aside, i took it to a summer holiday last year and with autobahn, city traffic, hills and mountains it averaged a bit over 10L/100km but i hooned it all the way. 140-180kph on the autobahn, quick up the hills and fast up the mountains. Overall it drinks similarily like a 924 turbo..maybe a little less.
Also if you drive around a lot with the hooligan mod on it will spike up the fuel consumption as it always draws more air even from lower rpm.
Compared to my every day Touareg and my Cayman..the 924SC is an economic choice

So, if you have a period when you dont want to go to the fuel station too often, take off the hooligan mod and keep it under 1/4 of pedal and its the same as the original NA.

Thanks for the response. Driving it normal... well, I can attempt.

I'm going to install a VW GTI throttle body (slightly bigger) so that will hurt fuel consumption a bit anyhow.
safe  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You always increase parasitic losses with a supercharger no matter how you drive.
Porsche 931 -79
Porsche 911 -77, 3.2 Targa
Porsche 911 -69, 3.6, Coupe
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will always be tempted to hoon it, you’ll see, the noise is addictive, the torque surge as well.
In regards to the vw TB: let me look into that and lets talk via email. I also want to do that but i’m not sure its so easy. You may have not enough space under the TB as that space is needed for tubing. Also the current charge tube is designed to match the 924 TB. So let me look into this before you put it on your car..you’ll need a custom charge tube as well.

The supercharger is not the most fuel efficient way to increase performance..but it surely is fun.

I’m not paying too much attention to fuel consumption but on longer trips i always get bored and try to do an accurate evaluation.
This last summer i again took the 924 on a 600km mountain trip.
Most of the road was autobahn and i did 130-140kph for most of the drive but the mountain climb itself was about 100km im total. If i’m not mistaken the 924SC averaged approx 11.6L/100km.
I hooned it properly up the mountain as it was my final test before making the kit available to the comunity…so perhaps i could have gotten away with a bit less if i had driven slower..but surely if it was a NA it would have eaten less fuel and be slower and less fun.
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One spot left on the next run, anyone in?
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unboxing party last night

1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
kondzi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad it finally happened! Haven't been here for a while, but I kept fingers crossed all the time for this project. I'll share the news on Polish 924 forum. Good luck!
'88 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible (factory specs)
'84 911 Carrera 3.2 RoW (factory specs)
'81 931 RoW (TBD)
'81 Ford Capri 2.8i (factory specs)
'79 Ford Capri 2.9 (heavily modded)
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Konrad, i moved the supercharger discussion on the general forum section, link here: https://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=45478&start=15
Jarlingar  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi morghen!

I hope you could use the BOV modell..?

I must thank you for the inspiration so that I finally started working on my own project again

Like you I'm also using a Eaton unit, but the m62 as it's going on a 944 2,5l N/A, using original fuel and ignition I think 0,3 bar is maximum..

But anyway, I wanted to show you something else..

Just a testpiece for mock up printed in PLA:

The gauges is yellow to!
I'll now print it in ASA and cut a piece of brushed aluminium for the gauges background, possibly wrap it in vinyl to.

Up to three 52mm gauges will fit if wanted.
Riggard  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! something like that is also still on my to-do list. Does it mount to the original holes in the dash?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: