Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

So close, yet so Far: Frequency Valve
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
924-76  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand you correctly, but to be clear, number below 14 A/F is rich and above is lean.
When you read 9.8, that is rich and yes this could be an indication of a faulty O2 sensor.

I had an occasionally faulty O2 sensor, car would run and drive well and studently went rich for no apparent reasons. Ask me why I run the car without O2 sensor lol. I unplugged it, readjust the A/F at the fuel distributor and never had problem past that.
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

924-76 wrote:
Not sure I understand you correctly, but to be clear, number below 14 A/F is rich and above is lean.
When you read 9.8, that is rich and yes this could be an indication of a faulty O2 sensor.

I had an occasionally faulty O2 sensor, car would run and drive well and studently went rich for no apparent reasons. Ask me why I run the car without O2 sensor lol. I unplugged it, readjust the A/F at the fuel distributor and never had problem past that.

that would be the second best option, I hope at least it a cheap fix.

So if the 02 is unplugged then the Lambda will just default to %50 the whole time?

Wonder if that will also help with the too rich under WOT/Boost
So, Im almost wondering what the point of the whole FV system is, since it seems to be more of a problem than anything
924-76  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeDanger wrote:
So if the 02 is unplugged then the Lambda will just default to %50 the whole time?

Yes

MikeDanger wrote:
So, Im almost wondering what the point of the whole FV system is, since it seems to be more of a problem than anything

North American emission control garbage, Euro don't have the FV.
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

924-76 wrote:
MikeDanger wrote:

Yes

MikeDanger wrote:

North American emission control garbage, Euro don't have the FV.

Even the S2?? Hrrmmmmmmmm
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the car in the garage, but havent had much time to test.

What I did so far is test the O2 sensor. after the car was warmed up, I unplugged it. engine rpms rose slightly. I checked the voltage and it was putting out .42V The FV didnt seem to cut out after 10min of idling.

I was looking on the 911 forums and Found the Bosch K-Jetronic Manual.
One Mention was to check the Oil Temp sensor....does the 931 have and OIL temp sensor?

Also Im wondering about the Thermo Time Switch?
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to do some testing.
first tested the O2 with the engine warmed and running and got initially 0.43v and after aboout 30min of running went to 0.39v

I pulled the cover off the connector and here are the readings

#8 11.5v
#12 10.6
#15 8.3v-9.0v
#17 2.95v

AT the FV the Brown/Y wire 9.2V
Black/Gn wire 11.6

also I pulled connector off the throttle switch, and the Idle Jumped up. which might be expected.

Also I unplugged the Other "silver box" next to the Lambda unit, and it responded just as if I had unplugged the labmda.

At one point, once the FV became intermittent and weak sounding, when I would crack the throttle, the FV would come back.

Now heres another possible thing I think My alternator is a little weak could that have anything to do with it?
Reason i ask is that now the FV is running full time when I flip the Fuel pump switch (where as previously it would only run for a few seconds) (but I had the charger on and in the "engine start" setting)
The other thing is that ambient air temps were a little colder wonder if it is some Temp related issue, might that have anything to do with why the FV was running longer this time.
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update tonight, I started the car, FV was running Fullly, AF was "in the green" then after 5+ min the A/F went lean, and the idle dropped, FV was still running but weaker, I decided to test the O2 At the Computer, it was fluctuating quite a bit.
Then i went under and disconnected the o2 and the idle came back up, and the A//F was in the green, slightly rich around 12.5 but steady.

So im just going to order one from amazon, since they are only $11 (bosch 11027) and see what happens!

I think im also going to wire in either a switch or connector on the O2 wire in the cabin so I can "turn off" the O2 sensor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: