Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

build thread 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnhgf  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:20 am    Post subject: build thread 924 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

decided to make a build thread describing the process of bringing my 924 back to life. Bought in the beginning of 2020, and after few rides put in the garage for electical rebuild. More info and pics today.
bnhgf  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics when I bought it. Everything sprayed from extinguisher because of electricity related fire. Interior a little flooded thanks to bad sunroof sealing. Wiring messed up and a lot of things in wiring confused and melted together. The car started and ran. At that point I didn’t know much about car mechanics because it was my first car, hauled it to mechanic for a month, he replaced the ignition coil and timing belt which I bought. Also I have bought a set of 4 skf bearings for wheels but I’m not sure they got installed on a car and not stolen by mechanic.

Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!!
We are here for you
anthonimartini  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing you are in europe, i have never seen that coolant expansion tank before.
83 944
87 924S
Instagram @anthoni.jpeg
formerly known as turbellion, lost password.
Riggard  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthonimartini wrote:
im guessing you are in europe, i have never seen that coolant expansion tank before.

I'm from Europe and have never seen it before either think its a vw Corrado tank, that was sometimes used as a replacement.
bnhgf  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. It's really meaningful to have this kind of support. Actually the expansion tank is... from fiat marea. I wonder if it's form makes any difference.

Here are some more pics of the car's condition when I bought it, at mechanic's where I took it then. It took him a month to change the ignition coil and timing belt. I still wonder if I have skf bearings installed inside my wheels, which the mechanic had to install. Nevertheless, after these parts were replaced, the car was driveable, despite the potential fire due to electrical issues. I still wonder how this thing drove, but that was awesome. first drive, magical. From the mechanic's site I drove straight to the self-service car wash, because the car was very dusty. Foamy shower for the car, got inside, turn the ignition, and guess what, doesn't start no more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: