Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Interior / Exhaust sound levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Interior / Exhaust sound levels Reply with quote

I'm just trying to get an idea of what the 924 (early) should sound like from inside the car in all driving conditions. I had headers on the car with a cat and a glass pack sinse I was missing the original 2 resonators that go on the car from the factory, with a muffler, and I was getting a pretty obnoxious drone at highway cruising speeds between 2500-3200 RPM.

I cleaned up a bunch of parts and ordered the original(ish) exhaust recreated by bosal and ANSA, and now have the "from the factory" setup (front silencer, mid resonator, rear muffler). The drone sound seems to be gone which is great, but the car still seems kinda noisy. Not that its a really bad thing, I don't mind it, but I'm just curious if that's how these cars were from the factory back in the day.

I turn any other "new" car on and I can't always tell if its even running because the exhaust is so quiet and they have very soft motor mounts (granted i also have the vibra techniks).

Also has anyone installed any sound deadening in parts of the car that made any substantial reduction in cabin noise?
1977 924 (Parts)
Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the standard casr fairly silent, though I don't rate the vibra technics highly from a noise and vibration standpoint they are pretty rough, so i don't think it will ever get smooth with those.

The later cars had more sound deadening (apart from more rubber in the rear suspension) anf are more noisy, nut should be pretty decent if everything is standard.
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got my old engine mounts. I have them out of the car right now because we are going to run a test to check the shore hardness, after that im going to put them back in the car.

It just seems like im still getting a bad drone from the exhaust though, unless its the engine vibrating the chassis through the harder mounts and causing the sound.
1977 924 (Parts)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: