Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Brake bleeding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L84party  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Brake bleeding Reply with quote

First time bleeding brakes on m 1978 924. I've just installed a new brake master cylinder and bled it first. Starting with the back right wheel and I haven't seen any brake fluid coming through at all. How long does it typically take? We tried for several minutes (maybe 10-15?) but were not successful. I tried to change the flex hose on this wheel but was not able to get it off on one end so I reconnected it. When I disconnected the one end I was able to get off there was fluid in the line. Rather than further mess up the other end I couldn't get undone (the fitting is a bit rounded because I tried first without a flare nut wrench), I'm going to leave that for a pro. The other 3 flex hoses are changed out.

If I am not able to get this one bled, should I move on and try the next one just to make sure fluid is moving through ok?

I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks
16again2009  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bleed at least one of them to make sure your master cylinder is moving fluid. If it doesn't, that's your problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: