Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

82 924 with Audi 4.2l
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Harness Reply with quote

More good progress on 924 4.2L. Engine harness laid out and made a neat little metal lid for it so it can be removed.
Video update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvX3FAuAI84&feature=share

Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Progression update Reply with quote

Hope you all have a good weekend ahead of you. Got a bit more knocked out pn my 924 4.2L.
I was going to use the A8 coolant reservoir, but was far to tall for everywhere. So I got a hold of the 2.8L ones and it fits perfectly. Also sectioned off the giant harness down to engine, Fuse box. Relays, instrument cluster and power. Recieved my intake spacers from 034motorsports and they fit perfect. *normally meant for the 1.8t but the 1.8t and 4.2l basically use the same head* I still have a lot to do and a lot of cleaning 😂

Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Small progress. Reply with quote

Made a little progress today.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aKGYJ5VdaOg&feature=share
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Small Update Reply with quote

Hey Folks. Sorry I have not been able to really do much lately. Between work, House hunting and maintaining the main Family car. Been busy! I do have an update. I am going to be using a 12volt electric AC compressor system. Since I had to move my Alternator, Steering rack and steering knuckle. Pushed my plans out. I was originally going to have a belt driven compressor on the right side of the engine and the Alternator on the Left side. Sadly, the left side no long has room lol. I will post up pictures when I begin! I hope you all are doing good and been enjoying some car stuff lately.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: 12 Volt AC System Reply with quote

Received my 12 Volt AC compressor system today. I will be doing some mock ups a little later on. But may test it on another 944 that I own.

[img]
[/img]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads26/AC31627275893.jpg[img]
Pretty neat little set up. I am stoked to try it out.[/img]
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golten951 wrote:
Sadly, the left side no long has room lol.

Finding space is always a challenge in engine swaps. Especially a swap like yours that hasn't been done often. It must be quite an effort pioneering methods to deal with every little issue. Keep it going!

I'll be interested to hear how the electric compressor works out.

Cheers, Brian
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian, This has certainly been a challenge for space. A few people have began this swap, but never finished it from what I have found. Been a lot of fun to come up with was to fit what I need. This car will have some good tech in it. Like Heated Seats. Sat Nav, Cruise control among others I can jam into it lol. Thanks for the Push to keep rolling forward. I have been working a lot of hours late, Trying to get set up to buy a house of our own. I will post up about the Electric AC set up. I am thinking of installing it in one of my other 944s to put it to the test.

Have a good one!
Devin

jazz guy wrote:
Golten951 wrote:
Sadly, the left side no long has room lol.

Finding space is always a challenge in engine swaps. Especially a swap like yours that hasn't been done often. It must be quite an effort pioneering methods to deal with every little issue. Keep it going!

I'll be interested to hear how the electric compressor works out.

Cheers, Brian
kondzi  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: 12 Volt AC System Reply with quote

Golten951 wrote:
Received my 12 Volt AC compressor system today. I will be doing some mock ups a little later on. But may test it on another 944 that I own.

[img]
[/img]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads26/AC31627275893.jpg[img]
Pretty neat little set up. I am stoked to try it out.[/img]

Wow! I've not been aware there are electric A/C compressors
(That's the Chinese one that sells for around $200?)

Nor the electric water pumps, until being enlightened by my friend with limited space in his engine bay due to engine swap
'88 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible (factory specs)
'84 911 Carrera 3.2 RoW (factory specs)
'81 931 RoW (TBD)
'81 Ford Capri 2.8i (factory specs)
'79 Ford Capri 2.9 (heavily modded)
Golten951  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kondzi

It is a neat set up for not a lot of money. was around $300 with shipping and taxes. I am going to set it up in my 951 so I can legit test the system and make sure it can support what I need. If not. Then I will opt for a more expensive set up. Or do a 120Volt set up with a Phase converter to 12volt.
kondzi  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post what your discoveries will be. Might think of using such setup in mo other cars that have A/C and limited space. I already used Electric power steering pump from a Mercedes A class in a 964.
'81 931 RoW (TBD)
Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most certainly will. It is a bit of a gamble and all. but worth if it works out. I should be able to fit it next weekend.

kondzi wrote:
Please post what your discoveries will be. Might think of using such setup in mo other cars that have A/C and limited space. I already used Electric power steering pump from a Mercedes A class in a 964.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hey Folks. sorry for the silence on my posting. I have literally had no free time as of late for this since we have been moving my car in storage. Finally have our own home and can legit get my 924 to my own house to work on. REALLY been a bumper not being able to do much on her. I hope to have her in my Lab end of the month.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hey Folks. sorry for the silence on my posting. I have literally had no free time as of late for this since we have been moving my car in storage. Finally have our own home and can legit get my 924 to my own house to work on. REALLY been a bumper not being able to do much on her. I hope to have her in my Lab end of the month.
kondzi  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, the time continuum with such projects is so different to the day by day reality. Keep it going
'81 931 RoW (TBD)
Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Progress. Reply with quote

Hi Folks! Finally made some progress on 1 part of my 924 4.2L swap. Basic construction of oil pan! Next will be welding and setting up Baffles, drain plug and Dip stick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: