Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Where can I get rear hatch struts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
65sprint  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Where can I get rear hatch struts? Reply with quote

Every time I open my rear hatch the existing struts spread the front frame farther and farther from the glass. They were on the car when I bought it and are too powerful. I've read that the best struts are porsche brand, are there any equivalents?
Glemon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought these, just strong enough to hold my rear hatch up (I don't have a rear wiper) Stabilus Sachs SG214008 Rear Window Lift Supports. Got mine from ebay, google or ebay search the part number and Stabilus

Edit: Here is a live link https://www.amazon.com/Stabilus-SG214008-Window-Supports-Struts/dp/B07NSK4DRX
65sprint  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought these, thanks for the info!
gml  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys changed your opinion on these struts at all? Need to order some myself.

Comeau Racing Enterprises on Youtube wrote:
Looks like you installed 2 left side parts? They're cheaper. The correct right side part has a switch, like the one you took off. It turns on the cargo area light.

Do the struts you got come with the appropriate left/right parts, does it activate the cargo light?

1982 924 NA 5-speed
Riggard  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that Stabilus 942863 (right side) has the boot light switch included. Just bought those myself, because the PO installed 2 left side ones. Now I have a working boot light again. Rear window heating works too.
65sprint  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stabilus that Glemon above suggested worked great. They also have the metal wire plugs for the electric wires. They open very nicely and slow down toward the end of their travel. If the prior owner only bought these instead of the super powerful ones that were on the car when I bought it, then the rear window wouldn't be 1/2 an inch out of the frame by now.
gml  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sprang the extra money for Porsche rear hatch struts. They are powerful. I am somewhat regretting the decision but for now it’s nice to not use a 2x4 to hold up the hatch.

1982 924 NA 5-speed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: