Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

New guy, getting barn find 924 Turbo back up and running
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auto Anatomy  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Looking forward to that vid, many people have had issues aswell after a rebuild of the fuel head, i guess you need to be very thorough and be sure everything is super clean.

Did you verify the change with your AFR guage?

I haven't put the wideband on the car yet, that's the next thing to do. It seems to run much better but perhaps a touch richer than it was. This week off is going to be short, as we're flying back to South Carolina early to look at our new home. Gonna try and get a bunch of stuff wrapped up on the 924 this week so hopefully it'll be finished in a couple days.

Sean
Riggard  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Anatomy wrote:
Thank you! The seat covers look amazing and I really can't believe how much of a difference they made in the overall feel of the car.

If you're looking to restore your interior, I would definitely reach out to Kyle at Only944.com and pick some up.

Sean

Agree, they look awesome on your car. Inspired me to order the covers (with tartan!) as well. can't wait to see them in the car... Unfortunately, I have to wait a bit still, as fabrication is between 30 and 90 days
Auto Anatomy  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had to break down and replace the diaphragm on the fuel distributor. I've heard how crazy those are to work on, and it wasn't that bad honestly.

Here's my video:

https://youtu.be/d6maJnpQCY0

Now that it's running good again, hoping to redo the door panels and a few small things next, then I'm calling it good for a while!

Sean
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Anatomy wrote:
So I had to break down and replace the diaphragm on the fuel distributor. I've heard how crazy those are to work on, and it wasn't that bad honestly.

Here's my video:

https://youtu.be/d6maJnpQCY0

Now that it's running good again, hoping to redo the door panels and a few small things next, then I'm calling it good for a while!

Sean

Haven’t watched the video yet but I will.. I haven’t even had one of these apart myself before..

Did you do an injector flow test afterwards? (As outlined in Haynes manual)
I think it would be good to confirm even injector flow after such an undertaking..
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched it and he did a great job of documenting the process. Looks similar to the NA version except for the rubber piece between the halves. The NA one is metal and uses a sealant on both sides. That is what usually fails on them.
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Sean!

Rasta, any chance of posting that file somewhere? Or can I host it on one of my domains, like where I have some of Dan's files from old Ideola site?
Auto Anatomy  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobroufa wrote:
Nice job Sean!

Rasta, any chance of posting that file somewhere? Or can I host it on one of my domains, like where I have some of Dan's files from old Ideola site?

I'll send it to you, but it's password protected so it can't be printed. But you're welcome to host it somewhere!

Sean
Auto Anatomy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting the seats recovered it made the door panels even more apparent that they needed to be replaced. So Kyle at Only944 sent me some additional tartan fabric and I finally got around to recovering them.

https://youtu.be/K_C9keCSj2s

It also gave me the chance to address a couple things that were bugging me for a while. The reverse lights didn't work and the wiper motor appeared to be running a little slowly. So those were addressed and the lights work but the wiper motor is the same.

I think the car is pretty much done (at least as much as I'm going to do). As much as I want to keep the car, I think with moving from CO to SC, I need to sell it.

If you're looking to buy the car, PM me and we can talk.

Sean
gml  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sean, I loved the series! Sad to see it's coming to an end, but those first videos especially seeing how you got it running were really cool. Great work!

1982 924 NA 5-speed
Auto Anatomy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: