Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Outside door handle won't open car.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joba  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Outside door handle won't open car. Reply with quote

1987 924s driver side door can't be opened from the outside. The outside door handle still engages the latch (you can see it move) but doesn't go down far enough to release the latch and open the door. Anyone know a fix (preferably one that does not require me to move the window around.)

Thanks for the help.
Mark in Boise  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent 7 hours doing this. The first 2 were wasted trying to adjust it without removing the window track. Then I watched a video by a British guy who said the 924 had a larger track that had to be removed.
I removed the bolts to the window motor first, but I think it might make sense to loosen or remove a few and see if you could tilt the window out of the way. The track can be removed by taking out a screw at the top behind the rubber channel and one way at the bottom. There's also a security panel attached to the track by two screws and the door by one that's easy to remove.
With the track out you can see a white plastic thing and a metal rod with a black plastic banjo fitting on the bottom. The white one is for the lock. Leave it alone unless yours popped off like mine did. Pop the black one off the ball fitting with a screw driver and screw it off the rod a few turns. You can pop it back on the ball and test it. If it still doesn't work, unscrew it a few more turns.
Once it works, reassemble. The bottom screw on the track is the hardest to get back on. A magnetic socket might help. Good luck. Mine works great, so I'm on to the next project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: