Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

door seal fitment issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattaebersold  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: door seal fitment issue Reply with quote

I got the door seals for the 924/944 from pelican. Overall, the seals seem to fit fine, but there's a really large lip around the top that looks to be quite large (so much so that the seal is preventing the door from shutting at the A pillar. I *think* the solution is to just cut the excess off, but I wanted to ask first before just doing that.

Check out this gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZfRNMF4

1980 931
1991 Japanese Classic Mini
2000 740i
2006 530xi Wagon
Goldwolf  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK, what would you cut? Seems like the bead needs to be stuffed in more. I have not done this myself. What does the other side look like? The factory fitment?
1981 Weissach Edition #179
Cedric  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty ok, make sure its really seated. The newer multi lip door seals do make the door a bit harder to close, but also makes the car quieter with less wind noise. I didn't cut mine anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: