Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Cars For Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwak  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a cars for sale Topic section. What do you fellers tink?
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could just change the title on the parts for sale / wanted forum. There's no real reason why it should be restricted to parts.

Perhaps make it "Cars and parts for sale / wanted".
dwak  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it so, Spotty!
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a seperate a section would be better. Make it a sale and wanted section. But require if possible that more info is given when enrolling and listing.

I'm tired of having to ask where guys are located or what the vin is on the car they are driving when trying to answer tech questions.

I would like to see a zip code as well as state and country, required

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I don't have a problem with adding a new forum specifically dedicated to cars for sale / wanted. The only "problem" is that when we add a new forum near the top of the page, those at the bottom of the opening page (the 931 and old board) get pushed out of sight if you're not using a BIG screen.

Vaughan was a bit concerned about this some time back. Perhaps he thought that 931/932 owners had trouble using the slide controls on their browsers. I wonder, now that he is a happy 931 owner, if he is suddenly experiencing a loss of browser control

It would be great if everyone could remember to say where they are when the post a for sale or wanted. I'll post a "sticky" message which will stay at the to of the For Sale forum which might help
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scroll down now to see the sections at the bottom, it is annoying but not critical.

For a first time user it may be an issue. How could be elimminate the need for scrolling?

What about reducing the image size of the cutaway pic and seeing if that helps.

I do like the format though.hmmm

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the basic problem. Although the X-Ray graphic looks like it takes up a lot of real estate, it really only balances the the links on the right side of the page header.

The layout is dictated by the board software and while I can change it very easily, any changes make it harder to to upgrade the software.

While I prefer function over form (then why am I driving a 924 and not a Volvo???) everyone likes a good looking site. It's a mystery....
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not put something at the top of the screen saying please scoll down to view all topics, plus most people should know that you have to scroll down, i mean after all if you dont know about the scroll down you could be reading the news online and the article would end and you would wonder where the rest of it is i dont think you give people enough credit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> About The Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: