Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Whats a 924 Carrera GT intercooler worth.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john h  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MunkPuppy wrote:
I already knew that just by looking at pics of the IC. I was hoping for something more specific :p

fitting the RX 7 core is real easy - see the attached link http://groups.msn.com/924CarreraGTInfoSite/intercoolers.msnw this is a RX7 core that I've fabricated to suit the 924 Turbo. _ made easier by the fact that I've a genuine GT to use as a pattern. (I've made 7 over the last 9 months)

If you're going to do it the joint to the throttle body should be like the old Series I units and be a rubber hose and hose clamp. Anything else and you're going to get leaks and also the core and end tanks of the RX7 are not strong enough to be fixed like the GT cooler.

if you take it to pieces slowly it can provide anguish all year long!
SprintStar  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

81turbo wrote:
That is very true. The mazda rx-7 core is perfect for a GT clone. John H has made a few. I bought the core to do it and then decide to just go for the front mount. Does anyone want the core to make one?

Is your front mount done yet? Would like to conpare notes. Thanks.

Sprint.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told they are very $$$$ and very hard to find by an engine rebuild shop/ Replicas builders. I will find the name and addy as he did find one and has a replica for sale {at least he did}.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Kaspar at www.imagineauto.com
questions@imagineauto.com

"Neil,
I have done this conversion several times and own a replica. It is as close to real as possible... Although the end result is awesome the amount of work invested is high. I can source all the parts and even have the OEM original stickers. As far as the intercooler....they are rare. It took me nearly 2 years to locate one. I can provide any information you need on the engine and cooler. Just let me know.

FWIW I am selling our 937 Replica.

Best,
Stephen"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: