Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Parts book for 924 turbo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
924mayhem  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Parts book for 924 turbo Reply with quote

Anyone know the cheapest place to get factory manuals and a parts book for a porsche 924 turbo. Just got a hold of a porsche 924 turbo, but it has the engine out, dismantled, and parts everywhere. I really need some references before I begin to rebuild so I can make sure everything gets put back all nice and tidy. Would really like to know how I can get a hold of a dealer parts book with illustrations and part numbers or something similar.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew
gohim  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The least expensive way to get the genuine Porsche Workshop Service Manual, and the Parts Book is to buy the microfiche versions.

The Workshop Manual is on standard size fiche, and will cost you around $30-$40 from a Porsche Dealer named "MY PORSCHE" here in CA. They specialize in documentation, and discount from Porsche Retail Price.

You should also be able to get the Part Manual (which is on a large size fiche, so if you need to buy a fiche reader, keep this in mind), from the same Porsche Dealer. The price is $20-$30.

You could also buy the The Porsche Parts and Technical Manual (basically a consumer parts guide with numbers and illustrations) from any Porsche Dealer. I think the retail price from a Porsche Dealer (again try MY PORSCHE) is only about $8-$10, but on places like eBay, I have seen them sell for as much as $25. This is a good quick guide to most parts number for watercooled Porsches to model year 88 (924, 931, 924S, 944, 944S, 951).
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.my-porsche.com/
http://www.my-porsche.com/technical/tech1.htm

'82 924T, US version, dark green metallic, 5 speed Audi 016G gearbox
924mayhem  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. now, does anybody know where to get a microfiche reader that reads in large format. I could probably find some on ebay, but what do I look for to make sure it will read the particular size format I need.

Thanks for the help guys
crazyporsche  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a parts list for most porsches, most years on a CD. I find that it is very complete with distition between Europe and USA. if you want a copy I could send for the price of material and time and effort. Of course you would have to have a PC to run it on.

Let me know, I am not trying to make any money just help out.

Thanks

Crazyporsche
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: