Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Injector cup for EFI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested for my race car if the fuel ratio can be easily adjusted. Presently I'm still running the factory CIS and after a lot of electronic adjustments to the Lambda box to get to 12.8 CO I'm worried that if it dies, I won't be able to easily re-create it.
Moving to H-Prod lightens up the restrictive rules...
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
Cedric  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty50Plus wrote:
I'm interested for my race car if the fuel ratio can be easily adjusted. Presently I'm still running the factory CIS and after a lot of electronic adjustments to the Lambda box to get to 12.8 CO I'm worried that if it dies, I won't be able to easily re-create it.
Moving to H-Prod lightens up the restrictive rules...

If you arent bound to the CIS system anymore if you switch to a different class, the best way to gain power would probably be to make a new intake with runner length tuned to a higher RPM than the std intake.
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric, that's so true and I did it when I raced 911s. But in SCCA, the 924 was recently approved for H Production (in addition to Improved Touring-B where it has been for a number of years) but with some restrictions. The approval included some existing IT-B rules such as continued use of the stock intake manifold and throttle body without modification. That kills any idea of greater flow. The things that got Vaughan (924 racer), myself, Hayes and others excited was increased compression, new cam, fuel injection and ignition changes.
We can go to full Mega-Squirt, crank fire and the like but development could be a pain. I know that there are companies in Europe that have produced kits also but $$$$ Ciprian's kit looks clean and clever and if it's adjustable, I'd like to try it. My kludge with the electronics in the Lambda box drives the frequency valve and does get me to 12.8 CO but I don't have any more Lambda boxes.
Chuck
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusingly enough - if we kept using the distributor, not going crank-fire with an EFI system, it would be ITB legal too. But that would negate much of the advantage IMO, and more to the point ITB is a dying class, not really much value in trying to conform to that more restrictive rule set when H Prod has decidedly more future...
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty50Plus wrote:
Ciprian's kit looks clean and clever and if it's adjustable, I'd like to try it. My kludge with the electronics in the Lambda box drives the frequency valve and does get me to 12.8 CO but I don't have any more Lambda boxes.
Chuck

It offers quite a lot of freedom and configuration options, i'm sure it will be up to the task.
RVA  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maneged to get the inserts out, the 12mm hex socket stripped out immidiatly of course because its plastic, but after heating a large screwdriver and hammering it in the first 2 inserts just screwed out.

The last 2 on cyl 3 and 4 where completly stuck so i just spend a few hours hammering them out with a chisel, with a vacuum cleaner in the intake and the intake valve closed.

Got a m24x1.5 tap for €5 used (€100 new so got lucky), and i am picking up the new vw inserts tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: