Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hooking up CIS gauges to a 931?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
triplezero  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: Hooking up CIS gauges to a 931? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Is there a trick to getting the CIS gauges hooked up to a 931? the wur is in the worst possible spot with no room to spare. I'm assuming you must remove the wur to gain access to the banjo bolts?
Thanks!
Beartooth  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to hook the fuel pressure gauge up at the fuel distributor. Mine has a fitting that goes to the port on the FD to the WUR, then you hook the banjo fitting to an outlet from the gauge. There's a shut-off to the outlet that allows you to check system pressure (when the line to the WUR is blocked off, you'll get system pressure). Hopefully that all makes sense. Basically, you can check supply and control pressure by connecting to the FD; there's (hopefully) no need to dig down to the WUR.
triplezero  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick response beartooth. I'm tracking down a hot start issue for a customer of mine. I'm helping him out so that he can sell the car for his sister. 24k on the clock. He did the basics already, starts up fine, good power/drivability, etc., but it has the "common?" hot start issue.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure the residual pressure and compare it to the specs if you have those, i dont remember them by heart. Could be a fuel accumulator that is not doing its job anymore
chuck21401  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic posted by smoothie on another thread, see: https://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?p=149394

triplezero  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chuck! Thats exactly what i was planning on doing. I have two different sets of CIS gauges with various adapters. My 2nd set had the proper fitting to adapt to the small banjo fitting that feeds the WUR.
Thanks again guys!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: