Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Seamless, bolt-on, plug-in EFI kit for the 924 & 931
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
safe  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Modern EFI is so simple to get working and crucially working consistent every time.
Porsche 931 -79
Porsche 911 -77, 3.2 Targa
Porsche 911 -69, 3.6, Coupe
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say i got some good input from some people and that helped a lot.
Thanks guys!

I need to sort out a couple of details next week and get a new belt as the old one on this car doesnt fit anymore
Beartooth  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important part: IT'S ALIVE!
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think is that the important thing is you are getting off of the N/A's and back to the important version of this model...the 931 ( :
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lab rat is the NA. I started thinking about what it would take to install this on the 931..not much difference but some.
I’ll get my old 931 back to get the efi on it and once that is done and working..you can have a kit as well.

Since its snowing and cold over here i took the opportunity to work on the cold start and cold idle settings. The main goal for this kit is again driveability and reliability. I want it to run proper in any situation.
barnwerks  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am waiting patiently for an EFI system to be developed for the 931.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve taken the 931 version seriously. You’ll see pretty soon what i’m talking about.

My wish is that by mid summer the SC version is properly tuned and already running in some people’s cars and i can do it quicker for the 931.
In theory its just some adaptations and of course a completely different tune.

In the meantime, here is a short video of the 924SC running on EFI.
Still quite a lot to fine tune but it is now driving decently (low load, traffic driving) in supercharged trim.
Next week i may get a day ok the dyno to develop the whole rpm range under different loads.

https://youtube.com/shorts/yCGJ-fG6it0?si=TAPUy0vU3jKhr_wW
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is, the 924SC that runs EFI but looks very similar to the original.
This is a prototype car, and may have some odd parts, like that purple valve or an additional(temporary) wire seen on the wheel well.
The serial SC kits come with a grey/black valve and will look a bit cleaner but mainly this is it.

I'm working out some details for quality assurance and some details for the wiring loom but the prototype car works great, it is my daily drive.
I'm logging and refining the commute/traffic crawl/warmup cycle and other conditions to make it as smooth and pleasant as possible.
I'd say it is already considerably nicer to live with compared to CIS.

Starts perfectly every time, drives smoothly, pulls hard, sounds fantastic.
a. You can drive it quietly and slowly, has plenty of torque so it can stay under 2000rpm. I've spent and still spending quite some time to make it smooth as a daily commute car or a GT.
b. You can be above traffic speeds by just a tad more throttle, keep it between 2000 and 3000RPM and you're faster than traffic with not much throttle applied.
c. You can be a hooligan, go above 3500-4000RPM and over 60% throttle. Here you're way too fast already and you have to mind the fact that the back end will come out to play in corners in some conditions.
I've done some sprinted runs and it is just fantastic, gets sideways and spinning tires with no fuss, it is predictable, crisp, strong and guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping...and likely to get you in trouble...so hoon responsibly.

Oh, and i bought a 931 so i can adapt this efi system to the 931 as well.
Plan is to tune it for the standard 931..but i may have a couple of stupid ideas that i might try

!tom  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!
924RACR  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!!

Yeah, it's amazing what an improvement the modern stuff makes on the cars.

Having the blower on there, even better...

I posted some pics of my work to mod the stock NA two-choke throttle body to accept the TPS sensor; not as simple as swapping in an Audi TB, but when you don't have a choice... it's not the worst thing, but some fab required.
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
safe  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody will be disappointed with EFI conversion, it just drives better than fully functioning KJet.
Porsche 931 -79
Riggard  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, your crazy. And it's cool!
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic! I hope to have time early this spring for finishing my Microsquirt FrankenCIS conversion. I would love to get comparison with your setup in regards to modifications required and final result when I am complete.

Very cool to see you have got another 931 as well. Looking forward to what that brings.
safe  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobroufa wrote:
This is fantastic! I hope to have time early this spring for finishing my Microsquirt FrankenCIS conversion. I would love to get comparison with your setup in regards to modifications required and final result when I am complete.

Very cool to see you have got another 931 as well. Looking forward to what that brings.

Has anyone had good results with FrankenCIS?

I looked into it a few years ago before I converted to EFI.
Adding almost a complete EFI to just replace the WUR seemed like a waste of time and money to still keep a lot of old unreliable parts and still not get the the full benefits of EFI.

Not judging your sanity , there isn't/wasn't a lot of alternatives unless you did it all yourself. But I would sell the FrankenCIS kit/parts and hold of until this EFI is ready.

(I'm very much pro-efi, converted 3 of my 4 Porsches to aftermarket EFI. Not a fuel injection purist )
Porsche 931 -79
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the makers of the system have had very good results with it in many Mercedes and Porsches. FastEddie on this board also, though he used an early 90s MB V8 fuel distributor with DPR that serves as full pressure regulation instead of our WUR.

Please, judge my sanity. I don't think anyone here is sane, however, doing these rather extreme modifications to the original car. Brilliant, enjoyable, certainly a good time... but not necessarily sane.

As I have mostly installed currently, I will probably keep it this way for myself. I will wager Ciprian's setup is cleaner and simpler however.

For a time it was the smaller diameter air inlet that caused my SC inlet to fail being overwhelmed by a greater volume of hot air than his calculations provided for.. but in the interim I decided to add more sensors and add an EDIS coil pack to the Microsquirt. Dug too deep last year and got overwhelmed by other projects and daily driver maintenance. I am hoping to rectify the situation this year, as I really want to drive the car!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: