Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

2nd time my 1988 Porsche 924s did not pass Ca Smog, Help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mungodrums  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: 2nd time my 1988 Porsche 924s did not pass Ca Smog, Help. Reply with quote

Today I drove my 1988 Porsche 924s for about 45 mins prior to getting it smogged. I even left the car idling. I put 91 octane gas, and risolone help to pass additive. Number where in the 900 range. Very frustrating. My red top runs out on 1/31/22. 2nd time at same smog check place two months apart. Oil change, coolant change, new cap, rotor, spark plugs, ignition coil. Car runs strong, no overheating. Idle is not perfect but generally is around 950. I talked to smog tech and he told me that based on the numbers it looks like my cat may be not working right and he also told to might as well change out the 02 sensor. Car has new muffler and exhaust up to cat. Cat appears original. Car has about 80,000 miles on it. This is getting annoying. I don't want to spend $1400.00 for Porsche cat. I see a couple of options for a universal cat for around $325.00, Ca accepted and the 02 sensor is around $49.99. Is the correct 02 sensor considered, named an upstream sensor? I honestly hope that the new cat and o2 sensor allows car to pass smog. If not, I will register car as non op until I can figure this out in the future. Of course I much prefer for car to pass now with new cat and sensor. I of course live in Ca but car was shipped in from out of state. Damn Ca. Ger.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat and o2 should be fixing it, are you allowed non OEM cat as replacement?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: