Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Just got a 931 project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joemoma1990  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Just got a 931 project Reply with quote

I will post photos up at some point, need some help already

1. Need a battery bracket. No battery when I got it and no bracket to hold the battery in

2. Hooked a battery up and the fuel pumps started up. Looked under the dash and someone pulled the relay and jumpered it. Best place to buy the relay that doesn't cost a kidney?

In the 30 minutes I have messed with it before I had to get back to work it will turn over but not fire. I see two new fuel pumps in it so I am guessing that is why the car has been sitting for 3 years. Someone tried to fix it and said F it. I will start going through the fuel make it happener to start troubleshooting.
chuck21401  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Just got a 931 project Reply with quote

joemoma1990 wrote:
1. Need a battery bracket. No battery when I got it and no bracket to hold the battery in

I'm using something that looks like this in combination with the bracket at the base the battery (part 91461123310). The previous owner drilled holes into the factory brackets to attach this hold down. I'm not sure why exactly but with this set up the battery isn't going anywhere.

While you are there, be sure to check the ground from the negative terminal of your battery to the body. Bad grounds cause all sorts of issues for 924s.

joemoma1990 wrote:

2. Hooked a battery up and the fuel pumps started up. Looked under the dash and someone pulled the relay and jumpered it. Best place to buy the relay that doesn't cost a kidney?

I recently bought a fuel pump relay for my 924 turbo here:
https://www.paragon-products.com/Fuel-Pump-Relay-p/pp-433.906.059.htm

joemoma1990 wrote:

In the 30 minutes I have messed with it before I had to get back to work it will turn over but not fire. I see two new fuel pumps in it so I am guessing that is why the car has been sitting for 3 years. Someone tried to fix it and said F it. I will start going through the fuel make it happener to start troubleshooting.

You'll find many threads on the board related to fuel pumps, fuel relays, fuel filters, fuel pump fuses and more.

Here's a thread about resurrecting a 924 turbo.

https://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=22724

Good luck!

joemoma1990 wrote:
Someone tried to fix it and said F it.

I'm afraid that this has happened to many 924 turbos. Glad to see another one being saved from the crusher.
Alleycat_Joe  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! I'm also in the process of restoring one of these cheese buckets.
joemoma1990  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to order the relay from that place, they are OOS. I got one from another place hopefully it works.

Over the long holiday weekend I worked on her some, I tested the fuel pressure perfect going into the distributor, barely anything coming out. I bought a rebuild kit for it.

Plus side, it did fire so the electrical is good-ish.

Replacing the timing belt and the water pump, found a nice oil leak coming out of the front of the engine so I ordered a new front seal. That should be a fun bolt to get out.

Another question, the option tag is missing, I do know that it has the "sport package" because the 5 bolt 928S wheels and 4 wheel vented disks however I would like to figure out what color it is exactly. It's a blue-ish silver color and is going to need a repaint badly at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: