Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Passenger Side Wet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitragorz  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Passenger Side Wet Reply with quote

Sorry about the giant pics... Can't seem to resize them.

I had a previous post here: http://924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=44554&highlight= regarding some wetness on my passenger side. I guess this is a kind of continuation of that.

I thought it was the heater core. It still might be, I guess. But I've been cruising around in the car enjoying the warm weather. The passenger side had been pretty dry.

Yesterday I noticed some more moisture. Spotty, though, and not directly under the dash. A decent-sized spot in the passenger footwell, some droplets between the seat and the door, and a quarter-sized spot behind the seat. Not a constant wetness, just those spots and some droplets (look clear) sitting ON the carpet, not absorbed in... Just round droplets on top of the carpet.

It's very slick to the touch, but doesn't taste like antifreeze. It's more like battery acid, it's got that sting to it.

The battery was replaced last fall, and the tray looks good. In my other post, I didn't pull the battery but I poured a cup of water in the tray and it seemed to drain as it should.

Any ideas what it would be, and why it would be so spotty?

Spot between seat and door:

Zoomed in of above:

Stain on passenger footwell. It mostly scrubbed out, and the lighting is crap so it looks nasty.

Last edited by Mitragorz on Thu May 28, 2020 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Side Wet Reply with quote

Mitragorz wrote:

With imgur images, you can add a specific letter at the very end of the image name, for example your image: https://i.imgur.com/AWaBYHy.jpg could be better sized for most laptop computers by appending an "l" (mnemonic for "large") to the end, resulting in:

I also use "h" (for "huge") on horizontal aspect images so they don't span more than the height of a laptop screen. More information here: https://superuser.com/a/1238557

----

Regarding your actual issue, could it be one of the A/C lines (or the evaporator unit) is leaking? It sits under the passenger side of the dash..
Mitragorz  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger Side Wet Reply with quote

jacobroufa wrote:
Mitragorz wrote:

----

Regarding your actual issue, could it be one of the A/C lines (or the evaporator unit) is leaking? It sits under the passenger side of the dash..

Good call on that imgur info, I didn't know that!

The A/C in this car hasn't worked since I bought it in 2014. The fan and blower don't work either. Not even sure what the status of the system is, if it's charged, what's in the lines, etc.

What's odd is how the drops seem to be sprayed around the passenger side cabin with seemingly no pattern.
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger Side Wet Reply with quote

Mitragorz wrote:
The A/C in this car hasn't worked since I bought it in 2014. The fan and blower don't work either. Not even sure what the status of the system is, if it's charged, what's in the lines, etc.

What's odd is how the drops seem to be sprayed around the passenger side cabin with seemingly no pattern.

The randomness and that it was on the passenger side, and that it was an unidentified liquid got me thinking about the A/C... That you don't know the status of it makes me think you might want to look closer under the dash. Should be 4-5 screws on the lower dash pad then you can take a closer look. Maybe something has condensed on the underside of that assembly?
Mitragorz  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to pop that cover off and peek under there this weekend. Gonna rain here for the next few days and the poor old girl lives outside under a cover.

To add: Doesn't seem like rainwater leaking, the weather has been beautiful here the past few days. Plus the battery acid taste...
snakoil  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like dirty water and the places you mention seem to match with the position of the sunroof...have you verified that there is no water in there and that the drain tube is not clogged?
winddude  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it been raining? Maybe the outer window seals. The door has no drain holes. In heavy rains mine spill out the door over the door sill into the foot area, 99.9% sure mine are the worn outer window seals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: