Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My 1977 Porsche 924 manual transmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackstevemcqueen  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: My 1977 Porsche 924 manual transmission Reply with quote

Runs beautifully until I decide to go in Walmart and come out and it takes about 4 to 5 minutes to get the car going constantly turn it over Ivory Place warm up regulator fuel accumulators the time is correct redid the vacuum system I just don't understand does anybody have an idea that can help me thanks in advance.
Jim d  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have the classis hot start issue, when the heat of the engine cause the fuel to vapor lock. Did you known that the manual states when starting a hot engine to fully depress the gas pedal.

If this doesn't fix is then you will need to have a fuel pressure gauge to measure the residual pressure, which is the fuel pressure after the fuel pump is turn off. After turn the engine off for 10 minutes the pressure should be above 25 psig. After 20 minutes the pressure should be above 22 psig. After 60 minutes there should be 14.5 psig

If you find your car to be out of spec, there are several potential reason for loosing the pressure. To distinguish between these, eliminate the possibilities one at a time by isolating the components. Begin isolating the source of the loss of rest pressure by re-pressurizing the system, closing the valve between the WUR and the pressure gauge. If the pressure no longer drops, it could either the gas cap or the WUR. If the WUR has been tested and found to have good control of both Control & System pressure, then its most likely the gas cap.
If the residual pressure continues to drop, pinch off the line after the fuel pump, then re-pressurize the system and watch the residual pressure. If the residual pressure no longer decreases, replace the fuel pump check valve.
If the residual pressure continues to drop, pinch off the line after the accumulator. If the residual pressure no longer decreases, replace the accumulator(s).
If the residual pressure continues to drop, visually determine that the cold start injector is both turning off as well as not leaking. If the cold start injector is found to not turn off or is leaking than replace it
If the cold start injector is found to be OK, then pull all of the injectors, placed into plastic bottles and look them leaking after shutdown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: