Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Custom throttle cable help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakoil  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Custom throttle cable help Reply with quote

Hi guys, with my weber conversion I had to change my throttle linkage and cable.
The kit I bought comes with a new cable with a naked pedal end,
Meaning I don't have a cap to make it stick in the black plastic square on the oem cable.

The way the oem thorttle cable ends make me thing the cap end is done once the cable is in the car and the cable in the plastic square.

Doe's anyone know how I can make a similar end to my generic cable so it works?
I assume there might be some cramping tool to do such ends as I don't have any welding tools
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3XLAG3jx8
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the stock cable on 2 cars now. They both have center pull setups. I had to fabricate brackets for both and they are different, the first a simple bent one that bolts to the air horn mount, but tends to move around a bit due to the single mounting point. The second is bolted to the bottom of one carb and takes a bit of welding for the race car. If you can work with 16 ga steel a bit and have access to a mig welder I would be able to send some drawings of each. Or, I might have time to make one for you this winter if a special built cable is too expensive. I'll make it home in about 2 weeks and can then send pictures of both.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
snakoil  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have access to a mig myself but could always drop it off to a local machine shop.
I was hoping I could find a fitting similar to what is used on a bycicle brake lines.
here is a closeup of the end I cut off and my new cable ending.
And you can see the platic part that mounts to the pedal.

Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a 944 cable, still available new, and modify the throttle body/carb end with screw on or solder on nipple
snakoil  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:
Use a 944 cable, still available new, and modify the throttle body/carb end with screw on or solder on nipple

I might order a cable to try it out as i’m ordering from paragon this week anyway but i’m afraid it will be too short.
As you can see in this pic my throttle cable needs to come from the firewall side instead of stock driver Side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: