Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1986 951 complete suspension swap to 1979 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron B  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: 1986 951 complete suspension swap to 1979 924 Reply with quote

Hi guys long time.

I've decided to do LS3 swap into my Holbert super wide 1979 924. The main part of the swap will (LS3 install, brake and clutch masters, ac install ect) be handled by a custom shop near me.

Prior to giving them my car I'd like to install the 951 suspension I acquired. I have everything including front and rear cross members,aluminum a-arms, aluminum trailing arms, spindles, hubs, 4 piston brembos, trans mounts, torsion carrier, spring plates ect. I also have the complete drive train including a 5p trans with wavetrac lsd, torque tube + linkages ect.

I plan on using a full ground control coil over suspension with torsion bar delete.

After some research here I know I'll need to use electronic speedo set up vs manual cable.

The questions I have are, will the entire rear assembly bolt directly onto my car, if not what mods are needed.

Secondly is there a way to use the front aluminum cross member and arms as a unit, if not will those Aluminum A arms bolt up the the steel 79 cross member and will the steering linkages and sway bar (weltmeister) work with them.

Thanks for your time, Ron

Ps Yes I will be parting out all my current stuff most of which was sourced new in 2015 and have less than 1k miles on them, more on that later.
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire rear assembly should bolt in. For a complete coil over rear, look at Britain's race car mods for his rear shock mount reinforcing, For street car springing you may not need to go quite to that extent, but those upper brackets should get some help. For the front, the aluminum cross member could be rather difficult. You might check with Renegade Hybrids to see if they can do the LS motor mounts on a standard steel cross member.

You'll may need to come up with some combination of the 944 turbo/S torque tube, transmission and mounting system also.

Good Luck on this one.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
Ron B  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for someone here that had first hand experience with it but it looks like that's not the case. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: