Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1984CC 924 Engine Specs Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Vee  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: 1984CC 924 Engine Specs Please Reply with quote

Hello to the forum as this is my first post. Could anyone provide the standard specs listed below for the 1984CC 924 engine? The standard unmilled block/deck height, the maximum "SAFE" overbore for the 1984CC block, the bore spacing of the cylinders in the block Also need the diameter of the standard unturned crankshaft main journals and rod journals and the standard center to center length of the connecting rods. Appreciate any insight and information from the forum and THANKS!!!! Jerry Poole
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://garage.ideola.com/top-DL-CompressionRatioCalc.html
gegge  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did measure the cylinder wall thickness with ultrasound some five years ago. There is pleanty of meat. I did post the numbers on another forum, but itīs dead and I canīt get ahold of the data. IIRC, 90mm shouldnīt be a problem, even with boost. Still, the problem isnīt cubic inches. The problem is the head, or rather lack of. It doesnīt flow well. Depending on class regulation, there are solutions though. Some radical modifications can get you +200hp revving beyond redline.

Borespacing is 95mm and that is litterarly one of a kind. Rods are 144mm and lighter (still forged as OEM) can be bought on Aliexpress. BMW S14 and S36/38 are options easy to come by, more or less bolt-on. BMW crankbearings are narrower than stock, hence piston guidance by shims. Works like a charm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEepQkhJKV4

If you got Super Vee experience, I belive you can teach us a trick or two.

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: