Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

seat covers - Is this right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric P  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: seat covers - Is this right? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a pair of "1976-1984" seat covers for my '80. I won't say where I bought them as I haven't contacted the vendor yet...

Anyway, I received something a bit different than what's currently in the car. My car appears to have a 1 piece back rest - as in the middle cushion isn't a separate part of the cover. This is what I received:

I've never taken one of these seats apart before to know what's actually under the cover. Will this seat back work with an "early" style seat? Or should I contact the vendor and ask them to swap them out for a different style? If they'll work, I'd rather just install them than wait another month (or more) for another set.

I can't have my daily driver down for more than a couple days so I'd rather not pull the old covers until I'm positive the new ones will work.

I was following the install guide on only944.com (not where I bought these), but he only shows install for 85.5+ 944 seats and I'm not sure how different they are.
Johann  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough to clearly see on the photo, but this looks like sport seat/Turbo seat covers. The side bolster seems larger than they would be on a standard seat.
Eric P  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The side of the bolster is 5". The seats in to car also have 5" bolsters. I believe sport seats are 7". I do have a spare seat from my 924S. Maybe I'll dissect it to see what's in there. I have a feeling I can make these work it I want to be positive before I take my daily driver out of commission to recover the seats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: