Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Newbie - 924 in Oz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hepkat63  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Newbie - 924 in Oz Reply with quote

Hi all,
just new to the forum - and have a 924 to play with! There are some photos below, but basically, it is a low mileage unit, but has been left sitting around for quite some time. Definitely needs some TLC to get back on the road again.
Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all and hoping for some help along the way!
I am not totally new to Porsche - having had a 91 model 911 a few years ago. Of course, this is a totally different animal! Not to fussed about the body, as I'll fix all that and respray it - main thing is getting it running past an idle!
Please have a look at the photos and feel free to give me some feedback - especially under the bonnet - as I am sure that there are bits missing etc!

peterld  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome a-Board!
Looks like a pretty decent example......even the dash is crinkle free.
That rear wing looks odd....glued to the body work?

All in all, a seemingly straight, rust free example....that's got to be a winner.
daniel  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome
Judging by the silicon on the intake boot, vacuum leaks would be your first place to look in order to get her running again

Good Luck

Daniel
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, that's a Zender I think.

Hepkat63:
Problem #1, steering wheel is on the wrong side...

Seriously though, welcome. If you use the search function here and ask good questions you will have yourself a properly running car in no time. Except for the steering wheel, that's unfixable...

Me
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
RC  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G`day mate, welcome.

Pretty straight and intact overall, should scrub up well with some TLC & paint.

An idle is a good sign actually, guessing it won`t rev up much or smoothly? Yep, intake rubbers / hoses do indeed look sus. So does relay on firewall & wiring, what`s it for? If that wire you`re holding is brown, it is an earth connection for something.

Since it has been sitting around for a while, fuel tank & lines/ drain/ check/ clean and a new fuel filter, before screwing around with the CIS, can of worms there.

A nice rewarding project, and sure you will get all the help & support here.

Allan @ DTA wrote:
I have no issue with superchargers, they are for guys who want to drive a car rather than talk about horsepower with their baseball cap on backwards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: