Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

installing water lines for watercooled turbo ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: installing water lines for watercooled turbo ? Reply with quote

I still need to install the water lines and the electric water pump for my watercooled 951 turbo, I also have a 951 coolant resevoir.

Any body who has done this yet ?
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self quote.

peterld  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you placing the turbo? On the inlet side like the GTS/GTR, or on the exhaust side, as per original? Moving it to the inlet side would make things awful easy...conventional positioning will bring tears to your eyes!

I'm using the 951 centre section, with modified hot and cold sides, in the conventional position. It's turned into an absolute nightmare, to the point I have temporarily abandoned the water cooling facility.

My plan was to cut the bottom radiator hose, insert a T-piece and plumb this to the outer port (facing to the outside of the car) of the housing. The fittings into the centre section were modified 951 pieces. Lots of joins and clamps, but just doable.

The other side however is just a bitch. After several attempts to get the fitting welded, and re-welded, there is just insufficient room between the top port and the engine block for me to satisfactorily seal the union. From this union I simply ran a hose in front of the block up to the rear port of the 951 coolant reservoir, with the electric water pump in-line, sucking coolant.

It is ultimately doable, but ideally should be configured with the whole shebang sitting on an engine stand where access is better. Lying under the car with cramped conditions, just wouldn't allow my fat fingers to properly configure the setup.

Best o' luck!
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the k26/8 from a 951S S and the hotside of the 931 S1 (ROW), mounted like original.

The turbo needed some modification but it now fits perfectly, there is enough room for the water lines, so I don't see your problem ?
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: