Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Stage Next...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for you to have more time for this car, let's hope you will have the possibility to use it, tune it and tinker on i
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff

I hope to be right behind you soon Might be bugging you on further details so glad you are back at it for many reasons!
1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don’t disappoint you guys..

Main thing is that it needs to get back to turn key ready to drive so it’s not a liability when it comes time to move things, because we are seriously thinking/planning on packing it all/most up and moving to Florida..
For many reasons, it being year round car season being a large one of those reasons..

And obviously for me to just be able to drive it around when I want..
It’s my favorite car I’ve ever had or drove and I feel so guilty having neglected it for so long..
I feel it begging for my attention..

Likely not going to be doing any more prototyping anytime soon, but want to put a LOT more miles on it..

Planning to do the UP camping trip again this summer and would really like to take this car on the trip..

I just drove a darn equinox to Florida and back and all the while I was hating it wishing I was in my brown car..
Ugh it was so bad..
Ok well not that bad but still..

I might not be doing much more prototyping or modifications any time soon but I think I’ve come to decide, or come to learn, that the style of build, or the goal of this car, is to make it something like a “cannonball” style car..
Not that I’m interested in setting times/competing or anything, but for it to be the most practical A-to-B getter I can make it for the most enjoyment and at my most enjoyable pace..
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep it working, keep driving it, dont thrash it too hard, you arent trying to see where it breaks, you want to enjoy it.
So drive it sensibly and unless it really needs it, stop trying to improve it and enjoy what it had to offer. I think it has a lot to offer now.
Time to make some more nice memories with this car.
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made near that run down to SC back in the day in my 80 and it was so much fun. Very cannonball-esque My friend and I speak of it often to this very day

You have already proven yourself in so many ways. With FrankenCIS pioneering and the tremendous help giving advice here and elsewhere with 931 issues to name a few.

Like Morghen said, just keep moving forward.
1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no..
Their are all sorts of crazy things I eventually want to do to it just because I want to..

I don’t think it’s going to break the way it is..
It’s not like it was broken.. It was a turn key driver last time I parked it.. I just borrowed some brake parts for testing..
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some good progress..

I got sent away again for some emergency staffing and they were going to leave me there for months, but I bitched a fit and made them replace me..

Sooo much stuff to do right now, and getting the brown car road ready is at the top of priorities..

We just signed a lease for a pretty nice new place in Lakeland Florida!
So the brown car needs to DRIVE there.. And the M3 needs to drive there..
And her temporary crapbox equinox will incredibly boringly bog it’s underpowered lard rear end down there..

I am very excited for this mainly for car centric reasons because for one I will be able to drive my cars YEAR ROUND! And I won’t have to juggle and compromise between summer and winter cars anymore, allowing me to not spend 70% of my time and effort on winter cars and instead focus that on my favorite cars.. And I might even be closer to some car culture where I can find some track days and/or autoX events I can enjoy!

Pretty excited!

But yeah..
Brown car is all back together except a control arm bolt I need to borrow back from the red car, and she is looking SWEET with the staggered 928 gullydeckles on it!
Man the left rear is close though.. I hope it doesn’t rub (too much)..
Think they are 245/50s and not 245/45s.. (need to go grab air compressor)

Looks mean though!

It lives!

Darn it needs a serious deleafing bath, and an under hood detail, and an interior vacuuming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: