Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharged N/A with CIS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raize  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadfoot wrote:
If you can find a scrapyard and pick up another manifold it would be better to modify this for performance, engine space and throttle response, get a 60~65mm single butterfly tb from a ford etc and ditch the stock progressive tb.
Is the m45 youre looking at a 76mm pulley?? What boost do you want to actually see at the manifold?

The M45 seems to have either an 80mm or 72mm pulley depending on what Mercedes it came out of.

That's the stats for this SC. The displacement is 0.74L. I was thinking about a 1.9:1 pulley ratio to get approx 3 PSI.
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the kompressor standard crank pulley is 150mm, this would be a good start with the 80mm unit, drive ratio 1.875, and 75mm / 2
I'd think you'd hit around 5.8 ~7.1psi with the change, there's also aftermarket 69mm pulleys

slk 230 ~2.3ltr and slk 200~ 2.0ltr both run around 6.5~7 psi
gives you room to move should you want to use an intercooler
time to go to the junk yard and scavenge a few parts...
unheardofinstruments  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankenCIS in adelaide australia have the boost sussed using the later reg with a few tricks and then some more tricks and are in the many hundreds of horsepower with the modified CIS running very well and reliably I am told. (by the southern qld jetronic expert colin from springwood)
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unheardofinstruments wrote:
frankenCIS in adelaide australia have the boost sussed using the later reg with a few tricks and then some more tricks and are in the many hundreds of horsepower with the modified CIS running very well and reliably I am told. (by the southern qld jetronic expert colin from springwood)

I think their are a few 930s screaming with FrankenCIS, few mercedes cars, a 928.. As far as I know they have it working very well..

I have it on my car and it does indeed work very well the way it is supposed to, but I have some things to take care of to make it perfect yet like my IAT is heatsoaking and my china MAP sensor is junk..
So I haven't got mine into perfect shape to push it hard for "many hundreds of horsepower", yet, but it has been performing very well up to stock boost..

It sprays the amount of fuel you tell it to for sure, but their is work involved in dialing in how much fuel you tell it to spray, and then the sensors have to be working correctly for it to be correct for varying conditions, and I'm not quite there with it yet..

But it is friggin awesome..

https://youtu.be/3s9s4sW8jCg and more about it on that channel and in my posts, "Stage Next" thread in performance etc. if you are interested
PorscheMeister29  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fasteddie313 wrote:
unheardofinstruments wrote:

I think their are a few 930s screaming with FrankenCIS, few mercedes cars, a 928.. As far as I know they have it working very well..

I have it on my car and it does indeed work very well the way stickers porsche carrera is supposed to, but I have some things to take care of to make it perfect yet like my IAT is heatsoaking and my china MAP sensor is junk..
So I haven't got mine into perfect shape to push it hard for "many hundreds of horsepower", yet, but it has been performing very well up to stock boost..

It sprays the amount of fuel you tell it to for sure, but their is work involved in dialing in how much fuel you tell it to spray, and then the sensors have to be working correctly for it to be correct for varying conditions, and I'm not quite there with it yet..

But it is friggin awesome..

https://youtu.be/3s9s4sW8jCg and more about it on that channel and in my posts, "Stage Next" thread in performance etc. if you are interested

nicely done, great work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: