Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My 924 Turbo, engine work and new suspension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric, is your PM inbox full? i'm trying to send you a PM and it says, user not found
Cedric  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Cédric, is your PM inbox full? i'm trying to send you a PM and it says, user not found

72% full, should work. Maybe its something with the é in my name
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the current knock sensing gear that you have? is it worth buying? I'm thinking of buying one in the future.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
How is the current knock sensing gear that you have? is it worth buying? I'm thinking of buying one in the future.

Im happy with it, it alarms way before you actually hear knock. It helped me until i had sorted ignition and AFR, after that I havent had any troubles with knock. Its a great saftey net, I wouldnt want to track my car as hard as I do without it. Many things can go wrong, so it is really nice to have.

I saw that Link has a new Knock light that seems serious, I would probably chose it over the turbo XS if i had to chose today. Even though Im happy with it.

http://www.knocklink.com/

I will probably sell my turbo XS unit for cheap, but that wont be until the JS is up and running next year.
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i wont be driving the 924s this year too much, and if i will it will be too cold for fast driving and/or knocking there is no need to invest now...so maybe if the timing is right i'll buy yours
gegge  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI:

Pushing a 2664 to the limit cooled by a 951 IC will get you close to 300hp.

Didn´t think the old turbo could do it - but yes, it is confirmed!

(In this particular case with a ported head and hot cam making high intake temperature and backpressure resulting in a lot of pinking.)

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gegge wrote:
FYI:

Pushing a 2664 to the limit cooled by a 951 IC will get you close to 300hp.

Didn´t think the old turbo could do it - but yes, it is confirmed!

(In this particular case with a ported head and hot cam making high intake temperature and backpressure resulting in a lot of pinking.)

To bad for him, but good info for me Will be interesting to see how much more the 70 trim will produce on that car. Should be well north of 300.

But running a turbo so close to choke (permanently) is stupid, turbospeeds will be maxed out so turbo life will be very short. And margin for altitude/dirty air filter etc will be zero (could work if you dont max it out that often). Measuring pressure before and after the compressor+ massflow (or calculated via volumetric efficiency) could give a decent turbo speed prediction if we had the compressor map.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys with the tech talk make me want to dyno my K27 thing.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo, lets get on with some more car fun. The car is now out of storage after 6 months winter storage. I bought some stuff during the winter, one of those things were a roll bar from wiecher sport. So far I just taken the interior of, now its time to do some fitment and driling/making plates. Now when I have a little son Im not invincible anymore, so increasing safety on track was one thing I could do

Harness will come later on, I ordered 2 new seat belts from germany to replace the worn old original belts, will be nice!
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, finally done, feels good though it took some time . Replaced the quarter panels to some fresh ones. And put in a new set of 3p belts aswell. Schroth harness will arrive later on.

The project continues, started a rough install to se how the ebc will work. Also trying to buy a new 944 radiator, easier said than done, seems out of stock at many places. These are all preparation for the forthcoming ic plans.

More boring stuff to do though, rebuilding the calipers again(rubber starting getting crisp after some years of track days) and 'MOT' inspection, which can be interesting with a modded car.

Cedric  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascha heaven

Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:

Measuring pressure before and after the compressor+ massflow (or calculated via volumetric efficiency) could give a decent turbo speed prediction if we had the compressor map.

I have the map... You have the math?

Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is going on, parts are being collected for a potential upgrade, hopefully next year when I have sorted out the garage interior.. Intercooling plans are set aswell, inspired by a fellow forum member who did what I think is the nicest and most stealth way to install an IC, Im looking at you fasteddie

Never mind the brakes though, those are not mine

Cedric  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the build is ongoing but at a pace so slow its hard to imagine

For this build my plan is to take my s1 turbo (k2470/6) that is almost factory new, in OEM porsche box, And combine it with a 951S K2670 compressor. This is something I will install at the same time as my IC goes in. At the current pace that might be next year, depending on how fast i finish my garege. My current set up is 2664/4 but I aim to raise the power a bit and want good efficiency and speed margin at the higher power levels, so I think this is a good route to go.

2470 vs 2670, the 2470 is an astonishing antique design. I forbid anyone to use that wheel!

Free from cracks, an almost brand new #6 housing.

Immense difference in size, will use the 951 housing so I can rotate the housing more easily.

The plan is to use the 931 bearing housing aswell, if the 951 back plate fits nicely as planned. Test assembly will probably happen this week. If everything goes as planned a big surprise will get into this turbo aswell

I have some more news, I recently got the KKK main software, so I can now check all part numbers, cross references, exploded views, torque specs, axial/radial play specs etc. So If anyone need help Im glad to help.. Did you know that the 2670 compressor is also present on the Lancia delta S4 Groub B homologations street car? But maybe i´ll start another thread for that.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cedric, have you considered other compressor wheels other than a stock 951S 2670 version?

Not sure if I copied and pasted the correct page http://www.turborebuild.co.uk/webshop/prod_3822380-K26-Turbo-Billet-turbocharger-Compressor-impeller-Wheel-39716594.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: