Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Fuel pump troubleshooting help...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ianmiller  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject: Additional info Reply with quote

I have the 79 model which uses a different relay, so I'm not sure the same tests will work for this relay.

I did some additional tests and only found voltage between the following pins with the key in the ignition position.
30 Battery - 15 Ignition switch(12v)
30 Battery -87 Pump(12v)
30 - 1 Ignition Coil(12v)

When I actuated the relay with a 12 supply I applied the voltage to pin 31 and 15 on the relay. However, there is no voltage between those two pins on a key turn.

Could I be looking at a bad ground connection?
Ianmiller  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:16 am    Post subject: update p2 Reply with quote

I just confirmed all my measurements from the rear of the relay block to bypass any potential loose connection, as well as grounding the relay socket with another relay's ground and directly to the car. I am seeing the same issue...
Still 0v between pin 15 and 31 upon key turn, any ideas as to where this issue normally originates? I've basically ruled out a grounding issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: