Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

RACING SEATS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Body Shop Rob  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heaviest and the most noticable items to replace in your interior are the seats. The stock seats weighed 35lbs each but the high back fiberglass buckets I got weigh 10 lbs each. 'Joes924' mentioned on another thread that he's got some lightweight seats but hasn't installed them yet and I think I know why.
Truth is, none of these seats just bolt in. I had to buy some square section tubing, measure, cut and drill the seats and the tubing to make them fit on the sliders. Extra nuts, bolts, washers were needed to make it happen as well. Three hours, a couple of fiberglass splinters and a sore back later, I got new seats. Its harder to get into the car at times and you sit much lower as well. It takes some getting used to.
The new seats are very narrow so if you're 50lbs or more overweight, you might not fit your butt into them. Those stock seats were ripping at the seams so these new seats really cleaned up the interior.
My fiberglass seats cost $125 for the pair including padded seat covers. I've seen the prices for Recaros and Sparcos and the like. Ridiculous. Be smart and get a cheaper seat which has all the lateral support and lightness you will ever need.

BSR
924martinirossi  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car that BSR and myself are doing thes mods are at:

http://members.rennlist.com/924martinirossi/

Check it out!

I also have a list of everything we have removed from the car and how much each piece weighs.

Michael

Joes924  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take off the rails on the stockers
Im just gonna use some 90 tall metal and drill a bunch of holes Im basicaly gonna make duplicates of the summittracing rails.

[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2002-07-20 15:55 ]
Body Shop Rob  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do those Summitracing seats have adjustments? My fiberglass buckets are bolted indirectly to the stock runners so they move forward and back.
By the way, Michael and I are gonna update the photos on that site because the silver turbo is constantly breaking. He's got another turbo that he's gonna race and I'm racing my black 924.

BSR
Joes924  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update it.Yes they do sell 2 kits of runners one that slide and one that dont $25. per set
Joes924  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hers some stuff on rci seats Im getting the yellow seats and I already have the red and black covers I had the black seats they make I sent them back cause I wanted colored ones and needed the money.
http://home.attbi.com/~joedanka/June924/rci2.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~joedanka/June924/rci.JPG
Body Shop Rob  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, those are nice seats and the price is right too. I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for 'designer' seats, plus they will attract car thieves as well. Install your seats and enjoy your interior as much as your exterior.

BSR
Joes924  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you update your pics yet... .. .
Body Shop Rob  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a roll of film developed and I will scan them this week. I remember the old ripped seats I had and the new ones are a nice change.

BSR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: