Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

In tank fuel pump 82 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loddyjr  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: In tank fuel pump 82 924 Reply with quote

Alright so I Hooked my in tank fuel pump to a direct 12 volt source as I have had suspicions that is was not working! The inline is working but pulsating the conclusion of my test was that the in tank pump is not working at all I tried reversing the polarity and still nothing! Am I missing something? Don't believe anything could hold I out when I was applying 12 volts direct to the terminals? Also is there anywhere to get one other then eBay at around $260? Thanks
dpw928  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

928 International (www.928intl.com) has them for $195.

Dennis
loddyjr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response and recommendation. I still have some questions though.
Can I use a 944 fuel strainer setup?

From a reliability standpoint I need to consider replacing my inline fuel pump. I don't want to purchase a intank pump just to purchase the inline a couple months later (b/c of age).

Question: If I'm considering buying both the intank and inline should I be looking to install the intank strainer and a different model fuel pump?? I have searched this topic with little results? Is it possible to convert from the 2 pump setup? Even if I consider dropping my inline pump down about 4" to compensate for some additional head suction pressure?

I sure would appreciate anyones comments on this. Not trying to be cheap! Just looking to spend $$ wisely!
dpw928  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The in tank pump isn't required if you have a good high pressure external pump. I used the pierberg (sp?) 6 bar external pump with the 928 intank strainer on my 81 931 with no problems.

BTW if you run into my brother David in Kingwood tell him to get to work. 8^)

Dennis
loddyjr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, I will be telling every David I meet to get a job! If he has operations experience we are hiring??

So I need some specifics from other 924 loyalists. Can I run the 1978 in tanks strainer?? Also can I use the 967 inline fuel pump or do I need to go to a different model? I could spend hours searching the internet for all this information but if anyone has done this it sure would be appreciated! I got a young family, crazy work hours and a wife that complains about my obsesion with the PC and this forum! If I can cut some time off that and finally get to ordering the parts I need its a win win!
loddyjr  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I ordered the intank screen from Paragon along with a new 69466 Bosch inline fuel pump . Hopefully I won't encounter the horror stories of the 1.5mm thread diameter being greater then the tank ! Once I succesfully convert my two pump system to a singe pump I will post on the how to forum since there isn't one currently (atleast from what I searched).
Hopefully this works as I still need tires and my breaks suck!!

I will be working on my fuel level guage this weekend as it is not working! Read an interesting post on the how to forum going to try it before removing the sending unit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: