Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What's it worth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagle924S  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: What's it worth? Reply with quote

Can anyone suggest how to get a good idea of what an 87 924S might be worth? I check out classifieds from time to time to see what others are selling for and NADA gave its values without taking into account mileage. Any suggestions?
Khal  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, for many years I've opined about the lack of intrinsic value in these cars (toofahs in general, excluding some of the rarer Turbos, including the GT's).

But a fellow Porsche person (not at all interested in toofahs) made a comment after seeing mine today that they can't recall the last time they saw one on the road.

And I have noticed some people actively seeking good examples of these cars lately, myself included (for the racecar thing).

I wonder if they're actually starting to turn the corner, after all these years? I wonder if they've become rare enough now that "people in the know" are genuinely hunting them down..?

All that aside, your 924S is probably worth one-and-a-half to two ounces of gold. I don't think prices have skyrocketed yet (it tends to take a while for collectors to gather 'em all up and then start trading amongst themselves ).

An official "This Is The Price" site? Doesn't exist.
staticsan  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think prices for all 924s have bottomed out in Australia. The rarity kinda helps. I browse the carsale sites from time-to-time and 924s haven't gotten cheaper than when I bought mine. In fact, they have mostly gone up!

North America is a different market, of course, as Porsche did sell quite a lot more there than in Oz.

Wade.
Luvmy80-924  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khal wrote:
Y'know, for many years I've opined about the lack of intrinsic value in these cars (toofahs in general, excluding some of the rarer Turbos, including the GT's).

But a fellow Porsche person (not at all interested in toofahs) made a comment after seeing mine today that they can't recall the last time they saw one on the road.

And I have noticed some people actively seeking good examples of these cars lately, myself included (for the racecar thing).

I wonder if they're actually starting to turn the corner, after all these years? I wonder if they've become rare enough now that "people in the know" are genuinely hunting them down..?

All that aside, your 924S is probably worth one-and-a-half to two ounces of gold. I don't think prices have skyrocketed yet (it tends to take a while for collectors to gather 'em all up and then start trading amongst themselves ).

An official "This Is The Price" site? Doesn't exist.

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard"is that a 924?!" when I get out of the car. I say yes and the reply is " I didn't think there any left ". You could be right, and I don't care what anybody says it's still a Porsche and to me that means the price will only go up.
joejax  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! If I had a dollar for every time I got out of mine and someone said (in a very authentic southern US accent) 'What the heck kinda' Japanese thang is that?' ...well, you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: