Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

it's getting hot in the car...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
555mk555  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: it's getting hot in the car... Reply with quote

Hey all.. ok, dead simple one really, just hoping a few tips can come my way...

So, I'm in Cape Town... it's just turning spring and already pretty hot.

My car blows toasty warm air into the cockpit... It never get's cold (could be that the leaver is stuck) can I disconnect the heater if I'm unable to get the leaver working with it?

It's fantastic in the winter months... but yea, summer get's hot...

Cheers for heads-up and tips...

Michael
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the heater lever moves too easy it might be that one of the clamps slipped out or broke so you can only turn to hotter not colder.

There is one "faucet" under the hood, just under the ignition coil. To close it take a long screwdriver and push down(towards the exhaust side of the engine) on the lever. if you still get heat the "faucet" thing is broken.
555mk555  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Morghen...

Thanks for that.. just the type of tip i was hanging for...
Will give it a whirl tomo... ')
Julian  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled the cable off and lubed it, also lubed the lever on the valve under the dist. until it moved freely. After that the control worked well. I bought a new valve, but since the old one was working so well I never installed it. It's a short cacle and frees up without much effort.
joejax  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...this has got me wondering if my heat is stuck on, here I am just accepting that this is one hot freaking car no matter what...

Will check it out, hopefully this is the case...
555mk555  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: RESOLVED Reply with quote

Hey all, sorry for the lack of a response... in all honesty, I didn't have the time to tackle it... when I did, it took me about 3 mins to fix. Here's what I did:

unscrewed the 2 screws above the oil/battery gauge. (didn't even have to do that) pulled all 3 leavers out of the sockets. Removed face of blower control. Top left was working fine, top right was stuck and bottom leaver (heat control) seemed fine... BUT when readjusting the top right leaver and freeing it up, it must have un-snagged something... BECAUSE.. when I took her for a spin after adjusting the leavers and playing with the heat-control, I got HOT air when leaver to far right and COLD AIR (yes, cold air) when leaver was on cold position (far left).

Stoked... will go for a nice ride now, roof out, windows open, cold air blower on..

* thanks for all the feedback... Joejax, give it a whirl.. it should work.. I always thought this car was uber hot... but it was def cos my heat regulator leaver was stuck
joejax  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, glad it worked out for you. I might try to tackle it one of these days, it's about to be getting cooler here now so I might not worry too much about it for awhile.

I know one thing, it runs way better when it's cool out, she gets real upset in the summer months.
555mk555  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea... you have to park in the shade and pref avoid traffic and drive fast

Well stoked about the temp control now..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: