Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

JUNKYARD experience. .. ... . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joes924  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to 2 of them near where I live . There is a total of 7 924 1 924s & a 944. So today I go and get the yellow faced 944 guages and the 924s door panels and I wanted the 924s spoiler
so the phillups headed screws wouldnt loosen. The last time I was there I pulled the sides of the spoiler[ used a cordless driver on the screws]I was using a dull 1/4 bit so it didnt work well. This time I had forgotten the cordless so I asked the junkyard help .. 2 guys and me trying
to do the screws with bits that couldnt drill into cheese they were so dull!
1 gets a chisel and hammer and is banging on a screw trying to break it when crash the whole rear hatch turns into
diamonds covering the trunk area , he then gets a saw-sall and cuts the frame to free the spoiler.Im thinken wonder what you guys
here would think of this, Im thinken what if.. the hatch glass breaks. $$$ Joe D. After this I take my tool box I put together at home up front and set it on the counterand go back to the yard to gather my newly acquired parts when i get back my box is missen someone stole it from the counter and I didnt get it back either somebody made off with it... I told the guy behind the counter i was goin back to get the parts.He they were not responsible and said next time ask for tools to be put behind the counter. .Shoot I set it down right in front of him I guess thinken he would watch it but no what an experience.
Drove away amazed and angry after that 1.

[ This Message was edited by: Joes924 on 2001-08-02 12:46 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: