Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

UT-CIS FAIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its not because of MegaSquirt, its because I work on the car in fits and spurts. If I had kept it simple, then it would have been running with a new head within a couple of weeks.

there were so many other issues with the car that really needed to be addressed that it became a huge case of "while I'm in there, I should...."

So now instead of a box stock 79 924 with fiberglass 944 body work and CGT nose, fixed headlights and borked adapters/spacers holding on the 944 wheels and a ton of water in the stripped cabin along with a shattered exhaust valve face.

Its now a slightly warmed up 79 924 2.0 with MegaSquirt, EDIS Ignition, Integral Cam, Franco timing gear, port matched head, header, lightened flywheel, 944 brakes, double-adustable struts, adjustable spring perches and strut mounts, 28mm rear bars, aluminum trailing arms, and adjustable sway bars. Just wish I had money to buy new tires, but these will burn off just fine and keep the car slow enough in the corners for us to get acquainted a bit
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unwired Tools Failboat SAILS ON.

fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF, Unwired TOOLS!
stevekat  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I had a few software hiccups with my UTCIS at first, they were very responsive once I got hold of them (had to try a few times by phone) but once contacted had my issues resolved favorably. I am very happy they are out there, supporting our vintage CIS systems with these modernization updates. They could update their blog however - it would be nice to see some more recent news/info coming from them. It has been over a year since any new posting.

Gone to new home: '81 924T, US version, CGT Intercooler, UTCIS-PT, Euro DITC, Greddy Trust MBC, Forged Fuchs Flat Dish 6's, Factory Recaro's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: