Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Highway 242 between bend and eugene, Oregon.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco R16V  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Highway 242 between bend and eugene, Oregon. Reply with quote

22 miles of twisty road heaven
View from the top

Interesting rocks

Fun Road with Lots o switchbacks

Check out the banking!

This is a seasonally open, scenic route that on a nice day will have bicyclists, and old people going “ooooh aaaah” which makes for very slow going. every year they have to rebuild washouts and such, but the road is very well maintained and really smooth.
Today with the first snow, I had the road pretty much to myself. The times I stopped, backed up, and took pictures, I had no one come by. I saw maybe ten cars the whole time. These pics were the only ones that actually show any more than one corner.
This one of the very few roads where the speed limit is 55mph and there are sections where it is impossible to maintain the speed limit. (yellow speed signs are a recommended speed not a limit)

This road would be incredibly fun (and dangerous) if it could be closed and run at race speeds. It is still Very fun and challenging to go at a good pace while still being a (somewhat) responsible citizen.
Sadly, it was not in my Porsche. The best part for me is, it’s part of my job to drive all over the place and I get paid to drive roads like this! Even though it's in a company car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cool Drives All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: