Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

3800 swap begins
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: 3800 swap begins Reply with quote

ok ive started gatherin parts to start my 3800 v6 swap into my 77
ive got a 944s transaxle and torque tube on the way
i no what engine im goin to use
its a 3800 s/c (l67) motor
im probably goin to have to turbo it cause the supercharger has the tb in the back and ill have to cut out my heater to put in the supercharger
i mite be able to move the tb to a different location so i can still use the supercharger (fingers crossed)
im getting a bell housing from a 96-02 camaro with a 3800 to attach to the torque tube
then ill get the clutch disc from a dodge

thats where its goin to start
hope fully my transaxle and torque tube will be here by the weekend so i can put them in

ill keep you guys updated
flyguy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Keep us posted and try to take lots of pix! I would love to do the same thing
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ordered my bell housing so that is one step closer
ive taken some pics how do you post them
chad-tanner  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming,you have the ability to,or already know how to "upload"[I think is the word] your pictures from the camera to your computer,to save on the hard drive or a disk.

The next step, create a free photobucket account.

http://photobucket.com/

Uploading your pictures from the hard drive or disk, to your photobucket account is very easy and straight forward.

After uploading your pictures to photobucket, copy the code,by right clicking on the IMG code for the desired picture.

now your ready to "paste" the code in your message.Just right click,then select paste from the "little window"that always pops up,after right clicking.

The first time you "paste" a IMG code in a message,you may want to click the "preview button" instead of the "submit button" to make sure it's actually a picture and looks alright.

I hope this helps you get started,and after a little practice you'll learn alot more on your own.

Thanks...
Chad

I just wanted to tell everyone about my picture problems.My vintage 1999 camera won't make it to it's tenth birthday party,as It crapped out several months ago.I think it was not actually the camera that give out,but the removable floppy type disk that finaly give out,but that's not so bad,as I've been wanting a more modern camera for a long time now.
I did get what,I was wanting for christmas,A new camera that takes pictures,makes videos,and all kinds of neat things.Unlike my old camera,it does not have a removable disk,but has some kind of cable that plugs into the computer's "USB" port [I think it's called] this came with sowftware to install on the computer,to make all this work.
As you may already know,I know nothing about computers,and have had little interest in learning things like adding software and programs.I will admit,I was very fascinated with the first computer I ever saw,The "commadore 64" I was in grade school then,and liked to play video games,but as I grew older,I became fascinated by all things mechanical"nuts and bolts" type stuff,and fell way behind the rest of the computer literate world.
I have survived so far by having friends maintain my computer,even though I've owned a computer for over ten years,it was not untill 2007,did I contribute anything to forums and web communities,as before then,only dial-up was available in my area. dial-up combined with my vintage equipment,made doing anything on the web,[I don't know what words to use] but I could find alot better things to do.
The good news,I've learned alot in less than two years,But It's still going to be painful for me to keep up with the technology these days....
I bet you never thought,a new digital camera could give a person some type of complex

Inspector: These brakes look completely inadequate.
Burt Munro: Well, I'm planning on going, not stopping.
v8carreragts  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need to install any software to use the camera. (unless you have a very old p/c) If you have one with Windows 98 second edition, XP or Vista all you need to do is plug the cable into a USB port. The p/c should recognize it as a storage device. Then you can use Windows Explorer to move the pictures from the camera to the hard drive.
chad-tanner  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,
My complex started with the first step in the camera's user guide.It states"Insert the HP photosmart software CD into the CD drive of your computer".Having never done anything like that in my life,I refuse to experiment with anything,I know nothing about,and was waiting for a friend to find the time to set this thing up for me.

Well,I read your message,I think"can it be that easy"You have never given me any misinformation before,but I'm still not sure about this.How could this be right?I even read the section in the user guide about transfering and printing images.It states "After you have installed HP photosmart software"bla bla bla bla"follow the instructions on the computer screen to transfer images"After reading all this,I think Pete must be mistaken this time,but I guess I'll try it anyhow.

I actually knew what a USB port was,I know this because,several years ago,when a friend setup my new computer,I asked,what the ports were behind the flap on the front of the computer.I'm sure,I also asked what they were for,but I don't remember what I was told,and I doubt it has ever crossed my mind agian,untill I read the user guide for this new camera.

So Pete,I connected the camera to one of the computer's "USB ports" with the "USB cable"then turned the camera's power on.

"Bada Bing" It really was that simple.After that,the whole image transfering process was incredibly easy and straight forward.

Thanks,so much...
Chad

mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my engine today it is out of a 99 Buick regal gs got my bellhousind yesterday so far I've got 600 for the engine 765 for the trans and torque tube 95 for the bell housing and 1 dollar for the car so I figure I'm doin fairly well. So that's 1461 so far. Hopefully it will be about 3000 to get her goin so I figure I'm half way there
chad-tanner  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ill post some I've been doin most of the updates from my blackberry so it is kinda hard to post pics ill try to get them up tomorrow
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres some pic for you guys
it is basically the car and the engine
havent got the tranny yet (wednesday) so no pics of that[IMG]

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/mcadam1121/bellhousingwithadaptertemplate.jpg[/IMG]

mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all those pictures were taken with my blackberry
pretty damn clear i think for a phone that is
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks like an awesome project!

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea its should be pretty quick when its done
i still got alot of wrk to do and several parts to get
but it will all come together in time
i figure the engine makes about 3 times the power the stock engine did so it should be pretty fast
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcadam1121 wrote:
yea its should be pretty quick when its done
i still got alot of wrk to do and several parts to get
but it will all come together in time
i figure the engine makes about 3 times the power the stock engine did so it should be pretty fast

I can vouch for that. I was running 305 whp this summer in my LS1 powered 924 and it was freaking fast.

I had long tubes and an LS6 intake manifold installed and retuned so I'm now sporting 355 whp.... yipes!

(And all that thru a non-lockup setup, so that # is deceptive)

I'll have to take it to the strip to find out what it runs...

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well an ls1 would be nice but that is pretty expensive
the cheapest 1 ive ever heard about is 1000 bucks
this motor only cost me 600 bucks so i figure it was a pretty good deal
so far the only bad thing ive found is that i mite have to put my intake rite were the heater is so it mite end up being just a summer car
but it dosent have ace either so thank God for windows i guess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: