Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Body Work for Ideola's Ultra Wide Body 931
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin good man-dan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the IFC rear flares? They look like they are super wide!

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my rear quarters are the AIR version of the ultra wide...75" arch to arch.
Rocco R16V  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
Here's the hood-pin set:

i was drooling over your build and thought you might like these areo hood pins
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
No, my rear quarters are the AIR version of the ultra wide...75" arch to arch.

ok, phew! I am considering the IFC setup but when I saw how wide that was I was like "GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think fitting 355's in the back is not out of the question. Nor is 955's

ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the ultra wide quarters are 2" wider on each side than a stock 944.

The wheels / tires in those photos are 10x17 Borbets with a late offset on late offset 951 rear suspension. The tires are 275/40. With this setup, I have a little under an inch gap between the wheel and the arch, so I have a little bit of room to play with in terms of some more meat on the rubber, or possibly a spacer. I'll probably opt for the former...
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you might know this - that IFC rear bumper cover (that looks so DANG SEXY) - does that work with your setup or even just a normal 944? Maybe I won't go with the wider then 944 (stock) flares if thats the case. Just get 944 flares. I think the lines are a little nicer then the 924 GT rear flares (sorry folks, its the IFC rear bumper that makes the car appeal so well!!)

BReyes  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: wider one Reply with quote

Looks like she's stout. Kudos to a safe car to you and Todd...eh street car . Did you plan the paint scheme or going with which scheme?

Good luck.

Regards,
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: wider one Reply with quote

BReyes wrote:
Did you plan the paint scheme or going with which scheme?

It will be a variation on the Gulf livery.
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan blue & orange.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bnoon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleBit wrote:
Hey, you might know this - that IFC rear bumper cover (that looks so DANG SEXY) - does that work with your setup or even just a normal 944? Maybe I won't go with the wider then 944 (stock) flares if thats the case. Just get 944 flares. I think the lines are a little nicer then the 924 GT rear flares (sorry folks, its the IFC rear bumper that makes the car appeal so well!!)

I don't like it. Sorry, looks ricer body kit-ish to me. I prefer just the euro bumper with the rubber removed.
ideola  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnoon wrote:
I prefer just the euro bumper with the rubber removed.

Looks something like this

This is the IFC fiberglass rear bumper, pretty much just like a Euro bumper without the rubber. I'm still debating about whether to install the rear Euro valance that came on it originally. It may not fit with the fuel cell cage, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.
JayZzzz4  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Dan, how is everything going with the project? Do you think it will be getting close to done in the spring?
ideola  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayZzzz4 wrote:
Looking good Dan, how is everything going with the project? Do you think it will be getting close to done in the spring?

It's on hold for the short term while I get the 941 resprayed and back together. I'm stopping by the paint shop tomorrow night to do final inspection before the paint and clear goes onto the 941, which is scheduled for Saturday, and then I have to put it all back together. I probably won't get started back up on UWB until mid-December now. I'm still hopeful it will be done by July, but taking two months off to work on the 941 didn't help the scheduling or the budget. It will be interesting to see how quickly things start progressing again once I finish the 941. I was making some real good progress this summer and fall, but the 941 became a priority I just couldn't ignore any longer.

The next step on the body is to get some metal stock which I need for fabricating the body work brackets, covering the foot wells, making the dash, and making the rear bulkhead. Then I can proceed with fitting the body panels while I recoup my project funds.

The next things on the list after that are getting the lower end balanced so I can assemble the motor (that's the only thing I'm waiting on), and a whole pile of miscellaneous parts like rebuilt steering rack, throwout bearing, and stuff like that. It sounds trivial, but I have probably $1K or more in nickel and dime off-the-shelf replacement parts I still need to source!
alexvex  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Dan! Love the look of the rear!
How's the fit on the IFC bumper? I've been looking at that and the GT racing fiberglass rear. Seen two cars in person with the GT racing one and they look good.

ideola wrote:

It's on hold for the short term while I get the 941 resprayed and back together. I'm stopping by the paint shop tomorrow night to do final inspection before the paint and clear goes onto the 941, which is scheduled for Saturday, and then I have to put it all back together. I probably won't get started back up on UWB until mid-December now. I'm still hopeful it will be done by July, but taking two months off to work on the 941 didn't help the scheduling or the budget. It will be interesting to see how quickly things start progressing again once I finish the 941. I was making some real good progress this summer and fall, but the 941 became a priority I just couldn't ignore any longer.

The next step on the body is to get some metal stock which I need for fabricating the body work brackets, covering the foot wells, making the dash, and making the rear bulkhead. Then I can proceed with fitting the body panels while I recoup my project funds.

The next things on the list after that are getting the lower end balanced so I can assemble the motor (that's the only thing I'm waiting on), and a whole pile of miscellaneous parts like rebuilt steering rack, throwout bearing, and stuff like that. It sounds trivial, but I have probably $1K or more in nickel and dime off-the-shelf replacement parts I still need to source!

Shouldn't have let your friend talk you into fixing the 941! I thought he said it would only take a couple of weeks?
2010 Touareg TDI
Past Pcars: 80 931, 87 924S, 87 951
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: